vestibulare rehab

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I have to do vestibular rehab twice a week, I am so afraid as with vertigo I suffer panic attack..I am afraid as my muscles are tetanized each time I move my eyes..fluoxetine does not help with my panic attacks.....afraid not to cope ....

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

They usually start slowly.  They will not cross the border/threshold at least on the first day.

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

thank you for your answer eleftherio, do you think I should wait for a treatment that works for the depression first or do it even if I change treatment .....I have noticed last year as I changed the treatments while doing the rehab made the work urseless...i mean when I changed ssri's , all the rehab was made for nothing...this is a part of my interrogation and fear.....

• Posted

Since you have this experience, perhaps you should stablize on the treatment first.

• Posted

I dont know as I waited one year again to do rehab ,

we change every two months the ssri's, I dont find one that suits me , and each one gives me dizziness,

the doctor said it is not good for the ear to change the ssri's often...

?thank you

• Posted

I also have a question, I am sorry to bother you,

?the doctor told me to give up medecine that are sedating, so I withdraw lamictal , benzo and z drug , to keep fluoxetine..i have noticed that i am more awake but much more dizzy as it seems that all my nerves or i don't know are excited , so it is hard to cope....is it normal? is it a good thing to have nothing that keep the brain shut down in terms of dizziness? it is hard to cope as even my eyes are excited that i cant enter a shop as when  move eyes i feel fainting as if my eyes are "in panic" and immediately the legs are tetanized....

• Posted

To break through this cycle, I would suggest starting the vestibular rehabilitation.  The changing of SSRIs appears to take too long.

• Posted

eleftherio,

​I had my first rehab session on the chair....

.I remember before when I was better that mean years ago I could do the rotary platform not in a chair but I was standing up, last year I tried t d it again after 20 sessions but I could not do it as my legs were like jelly , is it normal? how to know if it anxiety or vertigo then....

• Posted

I also have dizziness tring to get to the bottom of it. It could be from the gabapentin.  I am praying to God for direction.  I will pray for you too Anne.  I am using b-complex and magnesium.  It is helpful.  Naomi
    • Posted

thank you very much Naomi.;.....yes I have b vit and magnesium, told about vit D important for the ear issues
    • Posted

Prayer is under estimated, I understand how you feel it's not easy to feel off-balance all the time. But we got to believe that God works all things together for the good. I will continue to pray for you Annie and myself. I'm seeing the ENT doctor today. My dizziness and anxiety might be from my neck issues as well. I will find out this morning. 

• Posted

Have you tried any benzos?
    • Posted

yes but it makes the ear "sleep"?...I don't know if it is good.....

• Posted

What causes your vertigo? I have to take benzos every day if I want to function.
    • Posted

inner ear , central nervous system...anxiety making it worse

​i took benzo until two weeks ago , i withdraw a bit because i am zomby on it....i think i ll have to take some again but not every day

• Posted

My vertigo is caused by my faulty left ear. My dizziness is very severe and only benzos help.
    • Posted

long acting. I take clonazepam it works for 6 hours or so. what benzo do you take?
    • Posted

I take prazepam( like diazepam) a long acting one, but Ill stop for a shrt acting i think
    • Posted

Do you work? Working is soooooo hard with this nasty condition. Do you know of any other meds that work?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.