Vibrating or humming of the pelvic bone?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 44, and have a humming sensation in my pelvic bone. For a little health background I have suffered degenerative disc disease with two bulging discs, one pressing my nerve in my lumbar and sacral spine for 17 years now as well as a more current diagnosis adding arthritis and stenosis. I also suffer from occasional bouts of bursitis in hip and shoulder and am currently having the worst flare in my back and hip region and am halfway through a second round of ten day steroid therapy. I also have hypothyroidism and severe B12 & D deficiency I must take large doses to supplement them and maintain approved levels.

The buzzing is in the pelvic bone, a light vibration or hum like a vibration from faint cell phone or a tuning fork felt right in the bone from inner groin (the cleft of my leg) to the front of my hip. It is neither pleasant nor painful just outright weird to be honest. It is in no way erotic either for those with a funny bone like my husband.

I have had nerve and muscle conduction tests done and those were both ok, showing no damage but did show a nerve was being "aggrivated" .

I've seen others with similar symptoms and was wondering if it was something I should be concerned about?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I also have the same problem and am not sure why. I have the degenerate disc disease and hip problems as well. Sometimes the vibrating will go up to my lower chest. Notice it only when I’m in bed or sitting   I plan to ask my neurologist next moth when I see him as it’s been going on for several months now. Will let you know what I find out
    • Posted

I will update too! I see my neuro around the 15th. Thank you for your reoly ☺
  • Posted

Whatever was the verdict? Jenny, I have almost the identical medical history as you, just a few more little things.

Very curious as to what you found out.

• Posted

I.was told it all depends on where the nerve is getting pressed. There is a bundle of nerves in the lower back that effect the weirdest places. When I had my myleogram done they hit too close to my damaged area and I had twitches all through my pelvic floor and even my labia. I was extremely embarrassed to explain when the tech asked what the symptoms were. He had to go higher up to inject the dye and get a successful scan. Sorry I was so late getting back to this inquiry.
  • Edited

Sorry so late, but I just joined this website. I has something exactly as you described and stopping one of my supplements made it go away.

Unfortunately, I've changed them all recently due to some new twitching issues elsewhere on my body, so I don't remember which one!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.