Vibrating sensation in left ear

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about a week now I have been experiencing a vibrating sensation in my left ear. It started off quite slowly when I was trying to fall asleep, and it was only mildly annoying then, but now it is constantly present and the vibrations happen several times per second. They are really making me lose sleep and driving me mad. I called my doctor but I couldn't get an appointment until Friday due to Christmas. I could get one of his assistants to clear my ear of earwax yesterday, but that didn't help.

Can someone please help me? It doesn't hurt, but it is extremely annoying and I want it to stop before Christmas. I don't have any other clear problems. Except maybe that I seem to be thirstier than usual. It is just the constant vibrations in my ear. It is not just a sound, I can actually feel the vibrations.

I have been using a nose spray since Thursday, since that was recommended by the doctor's assistant. Other than that I don't use any medications.

Sex: Male

Height: 1,7 meters

Weight: 58 Kilograms

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi, i had a similar thing 2 years ago. Mine was like a fluttering, vibrating sound, like a moth next to my eardrum flutter. Is yours similar? mine went after a month and a bit, i used white noise earphones to sleep. I kept using steam inhalation to clear nasal and middle ear as linked to pressure. Trying to pop my ear with valsava manoeuvre. used plantago drops. eventually cleared but keep trying to clear sinuses. Hope this helps, don’t worry you won’t have this forever. I’ve been there

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I guess the sound is similar to what you described. I don't seem to have any congestion in my nasal area, so I am not sure how much things like steam would help. I guess I should give it a try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.