Vibration in leg rls?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have constant vibration in my left leg. Sometimes from my knee down and sometimes just lower part and foot. Is this rls ? My legs often ache which I can cope with as pain mess help but nothing gets rid of the vibration except standing up and walking about ir constantly moving it.

I tried quinine tablets but they didn't help. Now I've got gabaoentin but only started them five days ago so they're not helping either.

My gp won't even investigate as to why this is happening either just gives me tablets

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gabopentin should work pretty quickly depending on dose age.  Be careful of larger dose age.  Can cause mental disorientation, etc.  not everyone but over 700 mg made me mentally off the wall.  Was warned by friend of bad results when her dose age got high, also her brother so I was lucky to realize the meds were causing mental and behavioral problems. That said it worked well at lower dose until it augmented.  Dr.  should not just brush you off.  Other problems need to be eliminated.  There are other meds if it is rls.  Requip is one.  Also, if you are having jumpy legs Robaxin, a muscle relaxant worked for years for me.  Now I take it with a mix of Requip at a low dose, Robaxin, low dose gabapentin and Norco for the pain.  It definitely needs to be diagnosed one way or the other.

• Posted

Sounds similar to RLS to me. Sorry that your GP is not very helpful but I know there is no cure for RLS although my GP says that Ropinirol is the standard treatment - it does work OK for me. I find that using the power plate at the gym is helpful.

You could try cold/hot showering your legs for 5 - 10 mins - this used to work for me

Nic

• Posted

Hi there   My restless legs is nothing like that it feels like I just need to move all the time no pain   Not sure this will help but I was told for my to try magnet braclets and I only have one it seems to help but too soon to really say so not sure what you have is classified has restless legs sorry 
  • Posted

Hi Exxecgirlinpai     I do not believe that is rls did the doctor tell you that.  So far the only symptons I know of RLS if always needing to move no vibration or sore legs maybe others are experience this not sure.  Your doctor should send you to a neuroligist not sure how to spell it to check it out for that is not normal your legs vibration, but the magnectic bracelet might help the sore legs.   Your gp sucks he or she should try to find out the reason for this for it is not normal.   Take care and good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.