Vibration Training.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if any one has any information or ideas on the use of the vibration plate type trainers post op TKR.

Cheers.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was told by my physio not to use one.
    • Posted

Hi Diane - that is my gut response also but wanted to get further feedback. 

Thanks for taking the time smile

• Posted

Hi. I know they use it in france. I had my tkr jan 2016 in nyc. While i was in france this july i tried the machine at a gym. I thought it wld hv been great in those early months of recooperation   I have never seen it here. 
    • Posted

Hi Joymaria - the French can't be wrong smile

We have a small flat plate style machine people are using at home here and a friend purchased one recently. I have used one of the large machines at a gym a few years ago and went too hard out and suffered afterwards.

• Posted

I do know that the machine  i tried this july was not the same as the power plate a machine that i was not able to tolerate because of the vibration; gave me such a headache. I just wrote to friend in france to get name of machine. It also required a trainer to monitor exercises, posture, settings etc. I cld not imagine using it by myself at home. So i think we mite be talking abt dift machines
    • Posted

Thankyou. I think it may be one of those best done under expert supervision things.

I will leave it till I joint a gym again in a month or two.

Cheers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.