Vibratory urticaria

Posted , 2 users are following.

Does anyone here have vibratory urticaria? 

My whole life, my skin has gotten crazy itchy and sometimes breaks out in hives, when ever there’s any kind of vibration. 

Itchy hands when I push a shopping cart, itchy legs when I run, itchy back/bottom when driving on a bumpy road. 

Doctors always told me it was just sentive skin, but I thought it had to be more than that. So I’ve been doing some research and came across vibratory urticaria, and I’m wondering if that’s the cause. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I get it when running on the running machine, pushing the trolley or carrying bags, and yes when driving on uneven surfaces. This is also when the wind is blowing on my skin or heat. Stress is also a huge factor or anxiety. My diagnosis is delayed pressure urticaria. It’s one of the rarest forms of urticaria. I’ve just started xolair injections yesterday so let’s see how this goes. It’s a shame we can’t upload photos as if would really help others to compare. It’s probably not just sensitive skin it’s just doctors are still not very understanding of the problem. You need to see a dermatologist and ask for a pressure test. It’s really simple to do. They use a pen type instrument and push the nib into your back for a while which leaves an imprint or indentation. They circle it with pen and basically if the indentation is still there after so many hours etc it will give you diagnosis. Along with hives, swelling etc. It may just be worth you trying it wouldn’t help to get the test as it doesn’t sound like “just sensitive skin.
    • Posted

Thanks so much, that’s very helpful. 

I will get a referral to see a dermatologist. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.