Victan (Ethyl Loflazepate)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I'm 19 years old.

I went to a psychiatrist because of my anxiety, He prescribed me Escitalopram 10mg and Victan 2mg until Escitalopram starts to kick in.

But victan it's not calming down my anxiety. I take 1mg in the morning and 2 mg at dinner, but I feel no effect at all. I have a new appointment with him on 28/12/2015. I also take Xanax 1mg as needed and it helps with my anxiety, but I stopped taking it because my psychiatrist told me to take Victan. Should I continue to take victan until the next appointment or should I stop taking it , since it's addictive and it's not working on my anxiety?

P.S - Sorry for my bad english.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

Do not change your medication wait until dr tells you to change.

• Posted

Hi naw89, thanks for the answer smile

Yeah I know, but why take a benzo like victan if it's not working on my anxiety? I'm afraid of taking it for a month and getting addicted to it.

• Posted

Hi Thomas, why don't you give him/her a call and let em know. I don't understand why they would change you from one benzo to an other... I would definitely give a call. Don't think you have to wait for the appt. But yeah talk to the psychiatrist first.
    • Posted

Hi Micaela. 

Well i went to a neurologist before my psychiatrist. I was trying to get calm down my tremors, so I've already tried mysoline and inderal for tremors, and the xanax was  with the neurologist too, and he said to take only as needed. But since, Inderal and mysoline didn't calm down my tremors i went to a psychiatrist instead to see if i can manage my anxiety. I told him that i was taking xanax 1mg as needed and he didn't mind. And he gave me this victan too to take daily, but if it's not working it's not worth taking daily, since is addictive I guess. I will take for more 2/3 days, if it doesn't work I will call him like you said. 

By the way, thanks for helping me on this smile

• Posted

Have you ever tried Ativan for your anxieties it calms mine down its addictive to but maybe it will help you calm your anxieties. 

Also meds don't really calm anxieties, you have to learn some techniques on your own like relaxation and yoga can help calm anxieties deep breathing and walking take your mind off things. 

What i heard when i have been in group is let go of your anxieties this means tell yourself yes i am anxious but this will pass and it does pass 

Learn to accept that you have anxieties with you depression 

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I'm suffering with anxiety.. I find it hard when I'm having bad anxiety to relax. I try tapping, meditation, or listening to affirmations but I'm so uneasy that is hard...any suggestions???
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth. I never tried Ativan, but i was taking Xanax 1 mg as needed and it really helps on my anxiety. I'm on a pshychologist as well, and she's teaching me some deep breathing techniques and other relaxation techniques, and since isn't cost me anything i go every week and it's always good to have someone to talk about this.

Although, for me it's really hard to not think about this anxiety. Most part of my anxiety it's because of my essential tremor. It's mild but sometimes people can notice, and that makes me anxious, and then the tremors increase. It's a vicious circle. And i'm aware of that. I tried to stop thinking of what people think about me but It's so hard to always think like that

• Posted

Well, I think you should try some deep breathing techniques first, some alternative medicine if it calms down your anxiety If it doesn't work, I consider you to see a psychiatrist to prescribe you some medication for your anxiety. I went to a psychiatrist 5 days ago, and he said I will see the benefits of  escitalopram in 2 weeks or maybe more. So, now I will have to wait for that.
    • Posted

Its hard dealing with anxieties, and what I do is carry my CD Player with me and listen to my relaxation Ask your doctor about ativan for anxieties this will help better than the medicine that is not helping 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.