victimized at work

Posted , 6 users are following.

The law states that all employers have to make adjustments in the work place. To help you with your needs. Companies that do not comply are breaking the law. Fibromyalgia was discussed in westminster hall on wed morning the MP for Reading brought it up in the discussion about how many people are being Victimized. are any of you ladies in that position?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

The timing of this post could not be more apt for me, I have my line manager and HR person coming to my home to see me on Thursday, they are coming to me because I can't drive the 30 miles to work anymore! They want proof of my illness  - not sure what? Technically still waiting for official diagnosis from CMAT team, although my GP is positive this is what it is! 
    • Posted

Hi Pillipala I hope all goes well for you on Thursday for you. so many ladies on here are having problems at work and having more stress heaped on them by employers. I t really angers me how many people are being victimized at work because of their illness. Employers by law have to make allowences in the work place for you. If they dont they are breaking the law and will get into aload of trouble.Any 1 that is being victimized at work should seek advice. Employers cant be allowed to get a way with it. Any proof you can even if its a letter from your gp any medical proffessional person to help you. Employers are only interested in you being at work not interested in your health their seems to be 0 tollerance now adays when it comes to people being off work good luck for thursday will be thinking of you.take care
    • Posted

Hi. Do you have a union rep? If yes try to make sure they are with you on Thursday. If not a family member or friend. They can not object to this as it is your right under employment law, to have someone with you when you speak to them. Try and see if your GP can give you a more detailed letter fir them. My employers dragged me into work at least once a month, including when I had both my husband and father in law in the hospital at the same time. Good luck for Thursday. Gentle hugs😊
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. I couldn't agree more. All employers should be held responsible if our condition deterriates while still working. I also DWP should take more notice of us as we can't guarantee wether we will be having a good day or a bad day when we see them. Most of us will look quite healthy on the outside, but are an absolute mess on the inside. I personally think they should walk a mile in our footsteps before making any decisions about what we are and are not entitled to. Thank God for the line of words I get on my phone, I can only manage to type with one finger today.

Sorry for the rant. Reading about others being treated the way I was rather makes my blood boil.

Gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi Pillipala I agree with Janet have a union rep or friend family memeber with you on thursday letter off the dr would help and any other health proffessional that has had dealings with you about your health. any letters showing hospital appointments I get when I go see some 1 they send me a report of that appointment its the same report that gets sent to my gp. I also get a copy of it. hope you can understand what Im trying to explain my brain not great today. hope it goes well for you will you let us all know how it goes will be thinking of you. take care gentle hug
    • Posted

Im the same Janet today trying to type with 1 finger husband been helping me also with typing. I get so angry when I hear of people that are being treating appaulingly by their employers, Ive heard quite a few cases of it just latley employers cant get away with it. people must seek advice and take action. I agree I would love to see DWP and employers walking in our shoes they would soon be out of them thats for sure.take care gentle hug 
  • Posted

I'm quite lucky where I work. I have an assessment done with occupational health Feb 2015 and they advised I got in touch with Access to Work. I had a visit from Access to Work at my work place and they made recommendations for the equipment I need to do carry out my daily job.  My job is mainly data entry for Child Health Information Team (NHS). They have been very good and my employer is supporting me with it all.

Not everyone gets the help from their employers which is such a downfall. Our Fibromyalgia needs to be recognised in the workplace.

Hope all get support!!! wink x

• Posted

Hi Bee that is wonderful hun how your employers are being good to you and supporting you that is how it should be. Ive heard so many cases of where other people working in the NHS havnt been so lucky some of the people were nurses that were being ill treated by the nhs. I think it depends what area and hospital your working in. people that are being victimized shud seek help. as from the video I saw the other day on the debate in wesminster hall about fibro. the mp that was speaking was on about people being victimized in the work place  he said if Ive got it right its work health act section 10 that employer must make allowences and adaptions for you in the work place if they dont they are breaking the law and action is taken against them which quite rightly so it should be. hope your not to bad my earache is now in right ear its come out in sympathy to the leftlol never mind plod on regardless take care gentle hug xx  
  • Posted

I purposly didn't read any of your replies, because it looks like nothing has changed in the workplace since I got Fibro 18 years ago. For my own sanity, I walked away from the job and have found different and more rewarding ways to get by. The Fibro hasn't gone away, If you are strong enough, fight for your rights, but put your own health first. All the best !
  • Posted

I have just had an access to work assessment done.I work at two sites in my job, One is a very small place which I find much more manageable, the other is a much bigger space. I have repeatedly explained to my employer why the smaller site is so much better for me. They have completely disregarded everything I have said and have told me they are moving me to the larger site permanently from the end of this month, they haven't even waited for the report from the access to work assessment ! I feel as though I am being managed out. Not sure what to do next.
    • Posted

Hi Sharon. Speak to a union rep. Speak to access to work. Once you have spoken to union rep ask them to arrange a meeting with management where they will accompany you. I was also managed out 3 years ago. Under medical advice asked them too reduce stress/workload,, opposite happened. If you are up to it, you could always let them move you to the larger site, go off sick and then sue them for constructive dismissal.

Sorry if that sounds a bit bolshy, but we all need to stick up for us and do what is right.for us.

I do hope that they listen to you and wait fror the access to work report before they do anything.

Take care, gentle hugs

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Janet, unfortunately I'm not in a union. I did contact them some time ago and they told me they wouldn't be able to help me with an issue which is already ongoing. I don't think your suggestion is at all bolshy, I have considered that option. I have been honest and up front with my employer. Unfortunately, they are not showing me the same courtesy. I feel as though I am being backed into a corner with very few options open to me. Gentle hugs to you.
    • Posted

Hi Sharon I really feel for you for what you are going through and its not on by how your employer is treating you. By law your employer has to make allowences for you if they dont they are breaking the law. The law states allowences have to be made in the work place for any 1 who has a disability health problem they are breaking the law if they dont make allowences for you take care
    • Posted

Hi Sharon. If they call you in for meetings take a friend or family member or even a work colleague who can help you to put or point across or even just to take notes. If any meeting becomes too stressful then ask for a recess or ask them to book a further appointment with you. Take care and look after number one. Gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.