views from friends - shall I increase dose?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dear Friends

I have reinstated 3.75 mirt and do feel better. However I am still wanting to retreat to my room on my own due to lack of patience and low energy levels. My gut feeling tells me to increase to 7.5 but just wanted your valued opinion ♥♥♥

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Forgot to mention 4 doses of 3.75 xx
  • Posted

Hi lorraine i was the same as you i reinstated 3.75 found it did not help that much have now been on 7.5 mg for over a month and now feel back to normal i am going to start comming off it again in another month at a reduction of 1mg every two weeks so i dont get the really bad side effects of comming off it to fast, hope this helps
    • Posted

Hi ian

that's really helpful information. Thank you so very much. Tonight 7.5!

Can I ask how long you left it before reinstating?

God bless xx

• Posted

Hi lorraine

​yes i had to reinstate it after comming off it for about 5 weeks but i had protracted withdrawl with very bad side effects had never been so unwell in my life now going to do it a lot slower i use a tablet cutter and jewlers scales, it will onle measure from 3 mg so when i do get to 2mg and less i had to put 3 mg tabs on then add the 2mg to it to get the 2mg ddose  hope you are feeling better soon xx

• Posted

Thanks again Ian. I crawled through 30 days off mirt too! Would not want to repeat that ordeal! Wishing you an easer taper and lots of good health to follow xx
  • Posted

Just wondering....how do you get such a small dose? It seems the only way (where I live in Canada) I can even get 7.5 is if I break a 15mg tablet in half.  There's no other options. 
    • Posted

Hi 3

I have been breaking my 15 in half and then using a sharp knife to get the 7.5 in half. I then eye up the two bits to see if they are equal in size! I have got a pill cutter today so hopefully this will make the cut more precise.

Hope you are well today?

God bless ♥♥

• Posted

Thank You.    I guess that is the way I'll have to go too (when the time comes) I'm on 15mg and have been for almost 4 years. I actually forgot to take it Friday night and I was okay Saturday so it's got me thinking about going down in dose.
    • Posted

Hi 3

When I came off mirt my first three days were brilliant. Then boom on the forth day. I crawled through 30 days and was severely unwell. I have now reinstated mirt. When you do come off please taper slowly. Even when you get to 3.75 I would suggest splitting again to 1.87. Each taper make sure you stabilise before further reducing.

wishing you well ♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine. I'm so pleased you're feeling better after reinstating. Yes, going up to 7.5mg is probably a good idea. Then once you feel stable you can either decide to stay on that dose or increase it if you need a little more. But if you want to come off it, then stay on for a few months and then gradually cut down. You will probably need the liquid once you get below 3.75mg. My homemade liquid has worked extremely well for me and I am now down to my last 0.1mg. I am hoping that tomorrow's dose will be my last. I think mirtazapine is a fantastic AD which helped me so much, but in the end my body said 'no more', and I have had to come off it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    • Posted

I meant stay on for a few weeks, not months.
    • Posted

Hi evergreen

thank you i will Increase tonight. You have done brilliantly! If I can't get liquid form how do you go about making your own microscopic doses? You are a wonderful oracle!

Many thanks again xx♥♥

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

Glad you've found some relief at last, you deserve it.  As you have only reinstated for 4 days it's a bit early to tell if you are going to get "fully" back to where you were or want to be, maybe it could be just enough??, it can take a week or more" - HOWEVER, if you increase to 7.5 now you will only have to go through what you are going through now on the way back down from the 7.5 mg.

So 2 choices, go up to 7.5 mg bearing in mind that it will probably take you minimum 16 weeks to get back to 3.5, if you see what I mean.  Or stay at the 3.5 if it is bearable, wait and see after a week or so - stick for minimum 3 weeks.

I'll let Evergreen tell you the shake method as I call it, if you can't get the liquid Mirt' from your doc that is.  If you do manage to get the liquid give me a shout for wd taper chart.  You might want to get a pill crusher also for the shake method of Evergreens'.

You'll get there Lorraine, a few humps and bumps along the road, but you're on the way, some of us just can't rush off the Mirt' can we.

Best wishes to you x

• Posted

Hi Calmer

it's so true what you say in respect of going down again. It's been so long since being well and guess I'm now getting impatient ♥♥

Going to try 7.5 and stay there for as long as it takes. I have now been ten months unwell and soooo fed up! Statistics show people around my age (55) if they don't work for a year that its unlikely they will work again!! That's a scary prospect for me. My energy levels need to increase along with the compulsion to isolate!

I really appreciate you taking the time out to respond.

How are you doing?? I really hope you are doing well

God bless ♥♥

• Posted

Well lets just hope that 7.5 mg is the answer for you, let us know how you get on x
    • Posted

Thank you calmer ♥

Took 7.5 last night woke up with upset stomach and hand tremors! Feel of but still with zero energy. Hopefully it will settle down soon. Hoping your day is a great one!

♥♥♥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.