Vin laser surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can help me. I had laser surgery to the vulva 10 days ago it is still very painful and I feel really fed up and unwell dr not gave me any after care advice or what to expect apart from keeping area clean. I was surprised to find I am very bruised in my groin and also my pubic area has now become very painful on the left side is this normal 

?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

so sorry this has happened to you karen. what was the objective of the surgery?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. The objective was to remove pre cancerous lesion (vin) had to go back to hospital last night as it has now become infected asked for antibiotics at time of op as I am type 1 diabetic which makes my immunity low initially agreed but changed his mind at last minute said I would be ok.  Hospital have now given me antibiotics now. So frightened as he said there is more and may need further surgery in future don't think I could go through it again. Sorry to sound soft but it is so painful and I know other people go through much worse.
    • Posted

oh karen thats awful...you're not being soft at all....it must be very difficult for you. i think they should have respected your request.

well maybe you won't have to go thro that again...maybe theres another way. have you considered going to one of the alternative health clinics that treat cancer? its mostly using iodine as we are all so deficient this upsets our hormones and we get lumps and bumps.

i'm guessing the pain you had was due to the build up of an infection? they prob mauled you around a bit whilst you were under to try to examine the lesion and any spread. but do not worry you can get a grip on these things...the medical profession over blows everything(!). I know as i trained as a nurse but that was years ago and way before laser surgery. i'm sorry i don't know what vin is. please would you translate!

in searching for one of these clinics try 'iodine treatment to prevent cancer'  and other appropriate boolian operators...i'll try as well. i came across it recently and thought it sounded a good idea and that i might pay them a visit! xx but how to find it again...am sure i will remember the context in due course. 

• Posted

Hi Karen. I realise that your post was about 2 months ago but thought I would comment anyway. I hope your feeling much better now and have healed from your surgery! I too have vin 3 and 5 days ago I had my fourth laser treatment. My first treatment was in January 2013 and I couldn't believe how painful and long the recovery was. Each time I have had the treatment the healing period has been shorter and less painful. This time they also took another biopsy but I won't find out the results until mid October. My after care treatment was to take pain killers ( codeine and also antiinflammatories) and have several salt baths a day for a few days. I was also given a topical ointment for pain relief. Day 5 and I'm still doing the baths and also taking pain relief as required. I had never heard of vin3 before I was diagnosed and nobody I speak to about it, has heard of it either. I believe I had the condition for about 10 years before I was diagnosed as I suffered with 2 small lesions that would come and go. I had tests but nothing was confirmed until I had the biopsy done. I am definitely hoping I have had my last treatment smile 
    • Posted

Hi Michelle feeling much better now thank you. I can't believe you had four rounds of laser surgery! Can't begin to imagine how you must feel😒I'm still traumatised after the first one and scared to death of having more treatment and I  don't think it's worked as still get that irritating feeling there😞 I hope all goes well for you and you don't need anymore treatment. Thank you for post 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.