Vinegar and Fungal Infections

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been reading some web pages where people are saying that undiluted vinegar (any type) helps to clear fungal infections around the groin.

I  think that vinegar would burn and not be recommended.

What do you think

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

It depends how it is used.  Sometimes a diluted non-pasteurised apple cider vinegar can help to avoid blatter infection for instance.
    • Posted

Hanny32508,

May I ask, how sure are you that vinegar will help with U.T.I. I see many such claims for vinegar, but so far no compelling reason to try. As you may know, the standard treatment is 3 days of 'flavour of the month' antibiotic. It may or may not work depending on the strain and susceptibility of the infecting organism to the antiinfective agent. A bit hit & miss, but as taking a urine sample and then waiting for the results of the culture is costly and time consuming, So we put up with the best we have at the moment. The hard proof is there should anyone doubt the efficacy of this standard medical routine, it is not perfect but works for most. What kind of reassurance can you offer for using vinegar instead??

Please reply, silence would suggest you have nothing to to offer by way of explaination.

• Posted

I have some other health issues in the same area that require a different 'environment', that is pH balance.  It affects the urinal tract.  As soon as I feel the urinal tract is affected I do the opposite - which is the vinegar treatment.  Cause the urinal tract wants a different pH level.  ?I have had to endure too many anti biotic treatments and that is not beneficial for the other issues. 

As someone said - We live in a toxic soup.  And the anti biotic adds to that.  It is not always easy to sail in between the cliffs. For me the vinegar treatment works this far and anti biotic treatment then can be avoided.  As long as I catch it in time. 

?Of what I read from your hand is that life has made you doubtful about healthy alternatives, and I wonder why. 

• Posted

I think you are correct.

You can check other platforms like . these also contains useful information from other peoples and experts.

All the best !

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

We delete content if it doesn’t meet the requirements in our Terms & Conditions.

• Posted

Loved your reply David. It's the way you tell 'em!

I do actually use homeopathy, but only for some of the symptoms of my long-standing autoimmune condition. I've tried it for other things but it never worked. I suspect its success in autoimmune conditions - which I firmly believe to be rooted in psychosomatic causes - may be down to the placebo effect. I'm only too happy to control my joint and tendon pains with a placebo (if that's what it is) rather than taking the immunosuppressant drugs most allopathic rheumatologists recommend!

Just a note on the word "psychosomatic". It is not interchangeable with "imaginary". I have many visible signs of my autoimmune condition, including inflammation markers in my blood, but still believe it to be psychosomatic in origin. (Self-destruction - geddit?)

I'd say it's worth trying natural or alternative methods for many conditions. You just have to use common sense and know where it's appropriate.

• Posted

'I'd say it's worth trying natural or alternative methods for many conditions. You just have to use common sense and know where it's appropriate.'

and you have nothing to lose.

• Posted

Apologies. I should have qualified my response.

All homeopathy is harmless provided it's prescribed by qualified doctors (a legal requirement in my country) who are able to judge when allopathic solutions become necessary. The same isn't necessarily true when prescribed by a quack who might give false assurances and discourage the patient from seeing a doctor.

Acupuncture is harmless, provided it's performed by a fully qualified doctor (another legal requirement where I live) who understands sterile procedure and the position of major nerves etc. under the skin.

However, when it comes to so-called herbal remedies, I'm afraid you could have quite a lot to lose.

The apparently harmless "slimming teas" available in reputable pharmacies have caused a few deaths in the UK over the years, mainly because they got contaminated by comfrey. The herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine have also claimed multiple victims, some of them in Europe, but I suspect many more in China. I witnessed one such death - of a 16-year-old girl - when working in a hospital in Hong Kong 45 years ago. Concerned that she still hadn't started menstruating, her parents took her to a herbalist who prescribed some kind of herbal anticoagulant. The girl bled to death from multiple sources.

You probably won't do yourself too much harm with topical application of natural remedies, but I wouldn't advise actually swallowing any "alternative" remedy other than homeopathic preparations!

• Posted

Interesting Lily, I think you made some good points. My problem with homeopathy is that when it was conceived of by Hanneman all that time ago, so named allopathic physicians would kill you for sure, so homeopathy which as you said being harmless would be safe to take. Unfortunately according to the vast majority of quality double blind studies have failed to find any therapeutic effect. What can be said is that homeopathy is equal to a placebo.

Don't forget Lily, the term 'Natural" is loaded. In fact lots of highly toxic substances are "Natural"  arsenic and mercury to name just 2, but you would be unwise to use any as a potential therapeutic agent. You seem smart enough so what I say probably needs no more detail.

regards David

• Posted

I would disagree with your assertion Anon. It is not worth taking anything alternative or otherwise in the vain hope that it may work. That is exactly what scientific research is for, to sort out the good from the bad, the useful from the useless. Why oh why in this the 21st century are some of us behaving as though we still lived in the dark ages. Without evidence you are definitely in the dark!
    • Posted

Lily,

Don't know how to read this reply, I'll be optimistic and assume to intended to agree with the idea that skeptisism is in order when considering advice given by well meaning but often misguided individuals posting here. I of course invite correction and criticism of anything I suggest if the evidence finds me wanting!

• Posted

Sorry Lily I don't speak Emoge, perhaps you are being cryptic again, or could it be you are attempting to communicate with me via E.S.P ??

David

• Posted

Dear David,

I was trying to enter into what I assumed to be the humorous spirit of your response, but now see that I was sadly wrong. At the risk of getting this entire thread taken down, which is probably what needs to happen anyway, I put it to you that you might be just the tiniest bit pedantic. And it takes one to know one, of course!

• Posted

Ah Lily, is that what it was, I'm glad you explained, and there was I thinking this was a forum for the discussion of medical issues, even at my advanced age you continue to live and learn.

David

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up