Viral Plueirsy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got diagnosed yesterday with viral plueirsy after intense pains in my right side that started getting worse and spread into my back. I'm 35, fit, active and healthy bar having to take levothyroxine. Im a busy working mum of a high energy 2 year old.. Bless.

Anyway the consultant said I didn't need antibiotics, as it wasn't bacterial.. so that was good. He didn't even give me pain relief..odd.

Anyway it's totally floored me, my energy levels are non existent, what I found strange is after a good full nights sleep or a nap I'm utterly exhausted. Feel so very weak and just talking drains me? Is this normal for plueirsy as I've never had it before. I'm light headed alot and keep getting stomach cramps when I eat. I can't see how that's related to the plueirsy.

Anyone who has had plueirsy I'd really appreciate it if you jumped on and talked about your experiences. Also is it "normal" for someone who's young and healthy to get this? The doctor just said it's one of them things is viral plueirsy...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I just had the same symptoms with the back pain when I coughed. They said it was viryl and gave me prednisone for 5 days and some mucus relief tablets. It did go away although they never said plueracy, but thats what I suspected. The problem with taking prednisome is that you retain a lot of water. I gained 3lbs in 5 days. Hope your symptoms have subsided.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.