virtual colonoscopy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am having a virtual colonoscopy ct scan next week.  a restricted diet few days before then   take omnipaque diluted in water and two senna tablets 7.5mg two nights before and on night before!......  anyone else had this procedure........   had a sigmoidoscopy last week that was clear.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I got this done approx 5months ago as I couldn't tolerate the colonoscopy.

The procedure was painless and plse don't worry like I did beforehand it was so easy x

• Posted

thanks Carol.  What prep did you have to take for two days before to clear bowel?

• Posted

I had to go on a diet for two days and the night before I had to start the bowel prep it was

Gastrografin. It was 3 doses looked just like a bottle of medicine and ....tasted really good aniseed flavour. It was so straight forward no gallons of horrid moviprep.

The prep has iodine in it so that your colon shows up some people do get the injection for that but again don't be scared it makes you feel warm that's all . You will also be given intravenous bowel relaxant. I was so stressed and scared before I got this done lol I can hand on heart all honesty say it's nothing to worry about. Yes it's a little embarrassing they put a small tube inside you and fill you with air no didn't hurt ... hardest thing is not Farting during .

Plse let me know how you get on x

• Posted

thanks carol.   had mine today and just as you said, it was no trouble. wait for the results nw.
    • Posted

Good glad you replied . Fingers crossed alls OK

All that stress before hand lol I was a bag of nerves took 2 diazapan before hand to calm me down what a woss I felt afterwards .

They found polyps on my scan they tried to remove them last month but... again even with heavy sedation ( lasted 20 seconds ) I couldn't tolerate it so I've decided to not have anymore invasive examinations

Good luck take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.