Visanne and side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

So my doctor put me on Visanne to treat the endometriosis I could possibly have. I started the tablets in the last days of my period but I haven't stopped bleeding. It's a constant breakthrough bleeding I believe and it's like blackish brown, this has now been going on for almost 3 weeks with light to medium pains throughout the day. Is this normal? Should I stop the tablets? I need help this is messing with my life.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

According to the manufacturer, changes in cycle are something to be immediately reported to your doctor/gyn. Make sure everyone you talk to understands about the change in character/color of the blood.

As I haven't taken it, i can't say whether this is normal for endo women. Even if it is, I would still notify the prescriber.

• Posted

I have reported it so the doctor and I have discussed a plan forward. I'd just like to know if other woman have experienced this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.