Visible pulse

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer from an uncomfortable awareness of your heart beating in the neck, i can see my neck pulsing in the mirror all of the tine even if i dnt feel anxious??

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Everyone has them but we tend to notice them more because we are so aware of our bodies. For example, heart palpitations. Everyone has them but we are so aware of our heart beat we tend to notice them alot. I bet we used to feel them after a good work out but then went away due to us not thinking about it. It's all in your head. Take a nice bath. Relax. Don't think about it to much. You'll be okay.

• Posted

Yes i get that too, in my neck, tummy and even in my wrist, i never used to notice it so much but when my anxiety got worse again i saw it, noticed it and found that i was focusing on it a lot more so noticed it more often.

Adrenaline which is just a stress response makes the heart beat faster and a little harder but it isn't dangerous, of course it's horrible but i just try to remind myself that it can't hurt me in any way and it's just another symptom that i notice because anxiety puts you 'on guard' so to speak.

I try to think of it another way, instead of being scared of it i try to think 'oh there is my pulse, well that shows i have a good healthy heart there' and somehow it doesn't seem so scary or important anymore.

• Posted

Yeh i know exactly what you mean, im also wondering if these sinking heart sensations could actually be something else as they feel nearer the throat its so strange to feel so intune with everything going on within your own body, it can be exhausting.
    • Posted

The very, very hardest thing for everyone expeiencing to accept is.....that it is all anxiety. Some people never accept it and suffer with the thoughts and fears as if they are real.

Once one realized AND ACCEPTS that it is all anxiety, things begin to change, attitude begins to change, seeing ways to help oneself opens up. It's amazing what that realzation AND ACCEPTANCE does, and it is the hardest thing to do....accept it. Hugs to you Rachel

• Posted

Rachel I get similar sensations but mostly been able to hear my heartbeat really loud in my ears , at night mostly .

I've actually thought it was a noise coming from outside at one stage !

Sometimes I feel it in my neck too. I find if I put some music on I notice / am aware of it less .. Not sure if you've tried this .

• Posted

I do too! It is exhausting to HEAR every heartbeat when you have heart anxiety. My other place I really feel it is in my back when leaning back against a chair and it drives me nuts. Like several others have said, you can get over and stoop noticing it or letting it bother you. I dealt with it by instead of worrying about hearing or feeling it...I am thankful that I have a healthy heartbeat. You too can get over the anxiety of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.