Vision Advice needed PLEASE

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi, all! i will try to keep this brief. I am hoping someone has some experience with what is concerning me and can offer some insight.

last December, i noticed vision issues and had some headaches. i also have anxiety and sometimes thoughts run wild. Long story short, i did babe an mri and ct scan and they were both fine. i was sent to a neuro and an ophthalmologist . He diagnosed me as having optic nerve drusen. i have been seen by him 3 times now, including two follow up visits 6 months apart.

i started getting the same headache pains (nit a true headache, just random short lasting pains on my scalp). i reminded myself i had them before and it was fine. My parent has cancer that has spread to the brain. (which is what i was concerned about last hear, before my family members diagnoses). i am acutely aware of the symptoms that preceded the findings.

i am now struggling with vision. If objects are up close, they appear to be double. far away, no doubling. but once i focus on the object it is no longer blurred or double. I also notice that when people ate walking my me i feel like i have a hard tome focusing on them and they become "jumpy" appearing. I found out i have a middle ear infection in both ear. Could this atrribue to my issues? Does this sound like a brain tumor? Would i be able to refocus my vision to see an object clearly if it was something really bad, like a tumor, affecting my eyes? My prescription is up to date. Please help. I know nobody can say for sure. Id just like to hear other opinions while I wait to see my ophthalmologist. How worried should i be?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.