Vision problem persist even after stopping Metronidazole.

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been prescribed 1 week course of Flagyl (Metronidazole). And was told to take 2 tablets of 400 mg at once at the same time, meaning 800 mg in total. On the third day I had symptoms of paralyse and extreme confusion and migraine tunnel vision with no pain in my right eye only. After the episode I discontinued the medication . The migraine black vision on my right eye has gone the other day. But my right eye vision is really affected.the symptoms are:

1-it feels like am blind in my right eye but am not.

2-i can feel slight pain when moving my right eye.

3-dimmer vision in my right eye

4-problem with navigation and processing information in my right eye especially when watching a movie or gaming. So the right eye is ruining the movie for me.

5-my right eye is really uncomfortable to see with.

6-when I close my left eye and use my right eye and keep staring at a face for example I can see it but when I keep staring the center clarity remains but everything else dissappear.

I have been to two ophthalmologist and they tested me in all the machines twice. Both said my eyes are healthy. I did MRI scan and blood test and waiting for the result. Also I've found that Metronidazole induce optic neuropathy and Optic neuritis and the report said that only 1 patient did not recover his vision. IT'S BEEN 45 DAYS AND VISION SYMPTOMS DID NOT RESOLVE. WILL THIS HEAL. PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL HEAL. SHOULD I WAIT ANOTHER MONTH OR WHAT.??

Thank you for your time...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.