Vision problems/Blurry vision/eye floaters/heavy eye lids/light sensitivity/focus issues/unblanced.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been having some vision issues over the last 10 months+ it seemed to slowly get worse over 2 months and then has remained the same from then on. Some days feel slightly better than others but there is no break from the symptoms.

I am 30 years old, male, athletic build, play sports, dont drink or smoke, eat a good diet. Never experienced any health issues prior to this. I would like to mention i did have COVID about 3/4 weeks before (fully recovered, felt like a normal cold/cough) i started to experience the vision changes.

my core symptoms at the moment are eye floaters (like black squiggly lines), blurred vision, more so when in strong lighting (spot lights) or dull lighting. Find that i feel slightly unbalanced at times. Slight redness to both eyes, veins more visible than before. Seem to struggle with tracking and focusing sometimes with a dull sensation around my eyes or in the middle of my forehead (just above my nose). I am more sensitive to light now (never was before). Do get some double vision close up but not all the time, sometimes its perfectly fine other times its quite noticeable. Any sort of distance, i dont have any double vision at all. Sometimes when looking at a screen at distance/illuminated sign it becomes blurred at can see letters again slightly above where they actually are (very slightly and only on digital screen). Sometimes when i can see a strong light, whichever eye is picking up most of the light feels extremely heavy after 30 minutes to an hour, mostly happens on my left but can happen in both. starting to get headaches now towards the end of the day but not 100% sure why (working through this as it doesn’t happen every day).

I have had about 4 eye tests which i have been told i have dry eyes then told i havent anymore as i did follow their directions with eye drops/warm compress etc. Didn’t really experience any dry eye symptoms other than blurred vision but the blurred vision felt situational (bright lights/tired eyes etc = blurred vision). Other than that no issues were identified (had the full eye scans too).

Got referred to a neurologist who told me they are Silent migraines. Did MRI (x2) one on the inner ear and neck as well as head. all clear, that was a weight off the shoulders! I have since tried everything to understand what is causing them. I have changed where i live, diet (completely stripping out anything artificial), sleep times are regulated, time spent looking at a screen, stress reduced to practically 0 (other than the health bit which only kicked off after i started with the issues). So I’m not sure I’m actually experiencing silent migraines because i have had migraines before for not eating etc.

I have had a number of blood tests (full blood counts etc) has been done came back clear other than a slightly higher than normal immunoglobulin levels and from a recent ultrasound i do i have slightly enlarged spleen.

if there is anyone experiencing anything similar, would be great to hear from you because i dont really know how to tackle these issues.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had similar issues lately. Unfortunately i have not had a new mri (mine is from last year). I had some head pain (very quick, maybe 10 seconds and then gone) and i went down the brain tumor route. I have double vision too. Not all the time. Some days better than others. Also, only on up close objects. If i look out the window, the window panes will be blurry/double if im focusing on something in the distance. But i can move my eyes back together and have one image but then whatever is far away becomes harder to focus on. Does that sound similar? I also have floaters that i only notice when outside. Is your double vision better or the same if you close one eye? If its better, my research all says its neurological. So thats why im worried! I have neuro appt next week but im so scared, i want ro cancel.

• Posted

Did yours seem to start after any sort of infection? (cold/covid etc). Firstly i would absolutely stick with your appointment, surely it can only help provide the answers you are looking for.

I cant say i find it better when i move my eyes back together. If i have double vision i can close one eye and it does fix the problem up close. When this happens i feel like my eye's are fatigued and need rest. I try and close my eyes for 30 seconds which does help sometimes. With the double vision i feel like my eyes suddenly unaligned because they are tired... maybe

with the floaters it is always with light i notice them (outside like you say or light coming from a window). Generally, in darker settings i dont see them.

What is strange is that when playing sports, i dont really feel the issues as much (which can change slightly depending on the lighting in the sports hall). Floaters seem to disappear, balance issues disappear, any sort of dull discomfort around my eyes or forehead, doesn’t happen. Not sure if this is just because i dont notice because im distracted playing or the dopamine that is realise when playing sports kicks in, im not sure.

I have experienced the odd head pain at the base of my skull (at the back of my head above my neck).

but yes experiencing very similar issues to yourself. I also feel it is something urological but not sure what it could be because when looking at the possibilities a lot of them can be identified from blood tests, MRI or even through eye examinations.

what neurological conditions did you think it might be?

look forward to hearing from you

• Posted

thanks for responding! im worried i have a brain tumor causing my issues. I went to my very trusted chiropractor last week and told him everything. he says it sounds like accomodation issues due to an eye muscle that went weak. He gave me some eye exercises to do. I have to reschedule my neuro appt this week due to a work issue but im sure they will be able to get me in soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.