Vision problems since January

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

To provide a full backstory would take a novel... so I will give short story

In January I started having random panic attacks, this wasn’t caused or triggered by anything they just hit me one day while in a movie theatre. It took months of testing to actually prove I had a panic disorder but we finally started treating early April. Since then I’ve gotten them well kept and have even gone off my anti anxiety meds with no issues. 

Since all this started I also began having horrible join pain and numbness.. my doc originally thought this could be due to stress on my body but if I’m not longer having panic or anxiety why is it getting worse? 

Probably the most frustrating part of all of this is my vision. I’m 25 and have had 20/20 vision forever including a recent trip to the eye doctor. They could no see anything wrong with my eyes at all. I wouldn’t say I have full blurry vision but I lose focus really easily and struggle to bring it back. On top of that there seems to always be a slight haze in my vision. It’s almost like looking at an old projection tv that have the black spots over the picture.. 

I’m not currently on any medication and I’ve been tested for almost everything. My docs new theory is it could be muscle related. I have very painful TMJ and neck tension that started on January as well. But those only hurt sometimes. My vision is always weird. It hasn’t been normal for several months and it’s I’m afraid I could be losing my vision. 

I went to a neurologist who had put me on a wait list for MS testing however he doesn’t think I have it because I don’t have all the symptoms and their not coming in waves.. 

He does think I have fibromyalgia but that can’t cause vision issues to this dagree could it? 

Please some one give me some advice , I’ve tried posting before but haven’t heard back. Does anyone know what could cause this? 

Thanks for your time. 

Tim

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

My heart goes out to you because of all your problems.  I wish I could be of some help.  The only thing that I can tell you is that I have had fibromyalgia for about 30 years now and it didn't affect my vision.  Hope you find some answers and get better soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.