Vision & Vertigo

Posted , 12 users are following.

I think I may have had a bit of Eureka moment and it involves my wife finding a pair of my old glasses and I’ll tell you what happened in a minute.

When this balance issue kicked off for me back in 2009, I was convinced my eyes were playing me up so I eventually got my eyes tested and got some new specs in about May 2013, which were stronger than my previous pair.

So about 12 months down the road and we are now in 2014 and I have been feeling generally worse so I decided to get my eyes tested again and my optician has prescribed some stronger lenses but luckily for me I haven’t yet rushed out and bought a new pair.

So my wife was clearing up and she came across a pair of my old glasses and should she chuck them out. Well lets put it this way, I’ve been wearing them for about a week now and I have been feeling a lot better for doing so.

And then it dawned that my optician (and perhaps this goes for all opticians) is hell bent on giving me 20/20 vision. One of my complaints for many years is that vision with my glasses is always TOO good, which might seem ridiculous, but do I want to see an ant from 20 yards away? Not really. Do I want to read all the small print on a poster from the other side of the room? No I don’t !!

I used to wear contact lenses years ago and I remember once having TOO good a prescription and everything was too clear, too sharp, too perfect I had to ask the optician to give me contact lenses with my old prescription.

and this is the exact same thing, my glasses have been TOO good and has been forcing my eyes to take in too much visual input. Now wearing my old glasses recently seems to have helped me big time and given my eyes some rest.

I think I’m on to something !!

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi.  What an interesting discussion!  I am having visual issues after a VN relapse.  How is your vision now?  Are you wearing contacts or glasses?  Hope you are feeling better!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.