Visit to work

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today i popped into my work to see the girls and there was a hype of activity :racket:

The phone didn't stop ringing and they were busy organising their work. As i popped in unexpectedly, they didn't have much time to chat :roll:

The vaccination programme starts in 2 weeks, the one which prevents cervical cancer. For those who don't know, i am a school nurse. :nurse: and these are being done in schools over the next 6 months. If i go back to work then it will be right at the beginning of it. :shock:

I was sitting there and i could feel my anxiety levels rising, :puff: i just wanted to :run: out.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Teedie, you are bound to be apprehensive to begin with, and also, like me you will have lost quite a bit of confidence work-wise sad

I felt exactly the same when I visited work recently .......and thought OMG how am I going to do this :shock:

But I'm sure if we really take it gently to begin with, and your colleagues appear to be understanding, as mine are ...... we will get there in the end :?

We can but give it a try :? And with our uniforms and badges on at least we can look professional even if we don't feel it .......neutral

Take care

Katie xx

• Posted

That's exactly how i feel Katie :roll:

I don't wear a uniform, i wear my own clothes unfortunately, but i have my ID badge. :?

I know that the first day i arrive, it will be like i have never been away. :roll:

• Posted

Hope all goes well for you Teedie. If and when I go back to work it will have to be a crash diet for me my uniform will go no where near me, and as us nurses know our dresses do nothing for us at the best of times :?
  • Posted

It is annoying Lou Lou that nothing fits properly now, isn't it sad

Doesn't do much for ones confidence :roll:

My 'uniform' is a smart grey/black trouser suit ...... the top's fine, but the bottom :yikes:

In some peoples eyes I am still slim, but there are now lots of bits that were definitely not there before :wah:

• Posted

I have started to lose weight again, have had stomach problems and spend more time in the toilet as usual, i.e every day instead of twice a week :lol:

Sorry i'm bringing the forum down again, :wink: but do you find that nurses :nurse: like toilet humour :shock:

Lou Lou - didn't realise we had another :nurse: or maybe i did and forgot :oops:

Do nurses still wear dresses in England? Most nurses in Scotland wear tunics and trousers now smile I preferred the dresses myself, made you feel like a nurse :nurse:

I wish we had a uniform as it would save on my clothes :grrr:

• Posted

Katie, our posts seem to come in at the same time :shock: have you noticed that? :lol: :ghost:
  • Posted

Yes, weird Teedie :?

It's a case of great minds think alike :lol:

• Posted

Better say this before any other smarty pants does :roll: - fools seldom differ :lol:
  • Posted

[quote:4c4302d4fb=\"Teedie\"]Today i popped into my work to see the girls and there was a hype of activity :racket:

The phone didn't stop ringing and they were busy organising their work. As i popped in unexpectedly, they didn't have much time to chat :roll:

The vaccination programme starts in 2 weeks, the one which prevents cervical cancer. For those who don't know, i am a school nurse. :nurse: and these are being done in schools over the next 6 months. If i go back to work then it will be right at the beginning of it. :shock:

I was sitting there and i could feel my anxiety levels rising, :puff: i just wanted to :run: out.[/quote:4c4302d4fb]

Hi there Teedie

When I was phased back into work they wouldn't let me do too much too soon. I started back part time (mornings first for 3 weeks) and was only allowed to do certain things until I had settled back in. I gradually built up the hours and tasks over a 6 week period before being allowed to return to normal duty.

Fingers crossed they will do the same for you.

Good luck on your return and take things very easy - when you get home be sure to have plenty of rest and early nights - it really shattered me returning back to work despite only doing 3 hours a day in the mornings. I would come home and sleep for a couple of hours. It also took me ages to get back into the routine of getting up early and having to be ready to leave for work.

Be kind to yourself and I'm quite sure you will succeed in your return to work - if not don't be too hard on yourself and go back on the sick and try a return to work again a few months later.

All the best for the future

love Melbi x

• Posted

Thanks Melbi,

I'm hoping my managers will stick to the support they say they will. I will be having a meeting probably next week to discuss. :?

I get very easily stressed now and i was never a person who got too stressed. :roll: I was always seen as the coper, bith in work and at home, :?

but............maybe this is why i have this illness in the first place. sad

• Posted

Teedie

You are bound to be nervous. Ive been off work now 6 weeks and let me tell you i'm really worried about going back. I have another 3 weeks at the momet, who knows might be longer but i can fully appreciate your concern after eing off 6 months.

I think though that reading yours and others posts, one thing this disease does is makes us stronger people. Even though i supervise a team ive never been good at saying i wont take on that challenge or just plain no!

I'm not saying its going to be easy and i think you really need to pace yourself but i think your a strong woman who will cope wonderfully!

wow - i came over all sensible and almost wise! i did say almost!

Mike

• Posted

Welcome back Mike smile

Thanks for your faith in me, i hope you're right :roll:

When i had been off for 6 weeks i never envisaged being off for 6 months :roll:

So just prepare for the worst case scenario and just go back when you are completely ready. smile

Hope you have stopped doing work at home for that boss of yours :grrr:

• Posted

Mike, that was a really encouraging post for Teedie. thank you :D

I miss my job so much, I have been away from it for 2 years :cry:

I called in this morning to pick up a form because a friend of mine wants me to help her get all her funeral arrangements down on paper for her family. My boss and I plan to go out for lunch if she can fit me in one day. There is no such thing as planning, apart from the funerals. As you may imagine anythng can happen at any time.

I am very tempted to ask her if I do a bit for her on a casual basis to test the waters - you know, answering the phone during a lunch hour when someone is off on holiday, or doing an out of hours viewing or something like that.

Deep down I know that working in the funeral profession is really too much responsibility, concentration and mental energy but I just cannot totally let go. I am such a sad case. :roll:

• Posted

Alicia - it must be so hard for you having to give up a job you love :cry:

I know you struggle alot with this illness and like the rest of us, scared to fail in work and the longer you are away from work the loss of confidence. :roll:

Maybe if you helped out like you said on the odd lunchtime and see how it goes but the only problem is :? when someone is on holiday you can't plan having a good day sad

I really feel for you :hug: Maybe one day you will be fit smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.