Visiting your GP and suicide

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

What is most likely to happen in this scenario.....

A person has had a couple of visits to their GP about depression. The patient is given anti-depressants and has told the docter they have thought about killing themself.

The docter makes a appointment for a weeks time to see how the patient is getting on with the pills in the first week.

The patient turns up for the appointment and tells the docter thanks for helping but they can't do it anymore and am going to kill their self as soon as they leave the surgery, the patient tells how they would do this.

I was wondering what the docter would do? Would they let the patient leave the surgery or would someone outside be contacted and the patient go somewhere?

Thanks in advance

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Iam not on flux, but had a few that did nothing for me, ..

I feel dragged down , and well , i cant really talk about my prsonal issues. I feel so alone and nothingis helping. If I ask, will it help? I have been told by others that flux, is better, but as it is an expensivee thing to prescribe,, they only do it , ;owpercentage. Anyway, off to ned with thoughts of my bf man who hung himself.if you could hear notes from earth, id loove to send you them . hugs to you bb.

• Posted

Hey guys, I just wanted to say to everyone feeling suicidal here, and/or neglected by their GP, that I really care about all of you guys and I'm sorry to hear about the maltreatment you've had to deal with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.