Vistaril for anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was on buspar 15mg a day for anxiety but it gave me hot cold flashes and i couldnt sleep and had nightmares on it they took me off and put me on vistaril 25mg 3xs a day as needed for anxiety , has anyone took this ? what r ur thoughts? i looked it up and its a allergy medicine . they said take as needed but my other medicine i been on has been everyday medicine

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm really confused Nikki....as far as I know, the meds you listed are for depression not anxiety. some doctors will tell you they're the same thing.....they're not! They feel Completely different.

the only med I know for anxiety is benzos (valium, ativan, etc).

I've been on valium for years, never abuse it.....but it works wonders!

I'd talk to your doc again!

• Posted

buspar is for anxiety and they put me on vistaril which i looked it up and it says its for allergy stuff its like benadryl . i go to a psychiatrist on 27th so i dont know what to do bc my doctor said its used for anxiety . i have been on multiple ssri and they didnt work . they wont give benzos i highly doubt that . i kno those r the only that work but i cant just come out n ask for those

• Posted

why not?? the Worst that can happen is he/she can say no! Go in there armed with as much info as you can research. Ask him for a trial period of a month to see how you do.

some doctors think they are "Godlike". the truth is they're just searching for answers as we are all doing.

Be your own advocate!

• Posted

this will be my first time going to a psychiatrist i mean i dont want to take this medicine like should i go in there in tell them like this is benadryl i mys well just take that . i cant go in there asking for those bc many ppl wont give them no more bc the abuse ppl do with them . i have taken one before and it took all my anxirty away . i didnt care , i was able to sleep i could talk to anyone and im a shy person. but i dont think they give those for gad. when i keep telling the doctors that i get these moments where my heart is beating fasf and my chest hurts and i cant breathe ans get i get tension runnin thru my arms they dont pay no attention. fhis my first time dealing with this stuff ans been on all diff medicines they r prolly looking at me like yea we kno what u trying yo do .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.