Visual disturbance with Losarten

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anybody out there with same problem as me! Dr put me on Losarten 12.5 twice daily and Bisoprolol 1.25 for very high bp. Now in last 4 days have been having zigzag coloured lines in front of eyes with headache around the back of my head. Am scared I'm going blind as never had this before. Could it be the medication or the fact my bp is sky high? Anyone with any knowledge on this would be really helpful thanks. Am seeing opticians tomorrow but would still like input from someone who has or is going through the same.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

12.5 is a very low dose, I don't think that would cause it, if your BP is constantly high that might be the reason and you provably need a higher dose.

• Posted

Christine, it sounds as though you are experiencing ocular migraine.  Whether that is due to either the Bisoprolol, the Losartan or a combination of the two is a matter for the prescribing Dr to investigate.   Losartan is the only BP medication my body has tolerated out of about eight different medications trialled over the last few years, and the one that a pharmacist has said he hears the least complaints about from his patients.   Your dose is also very low.  If you have never experienced such symptoms prior to taking these meds and you if either is the culprit, I would hazard a guess that it is the Bisoprol but do go back to your Dr ASAP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.