Visual Field Tesr

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have a visual field test tomorrow am really nervous as I don't think it will go too well. I have had 3 squint surgeries in the last 3 months and still have double vision which is getting no better. My left eye phases in and out so my vision isn't always there and I have to wear a patch to help with the double vision.

Any tips or advice would be great, anyone suffered constant double vision that won't go?

Thank you

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi jennifer while i understand your fears and concerns. i would srrongly sugest tht you do this Visual Field Test it is better you take all the necessary steps to ensure that your eye gets better than just giving up, think positive.  Your eyes are very important and i don't believe you want ti lose your sigth completely whatevert little yoi can do to try and save it will be good.   Good Luck i believe we are all rooting for you

• Posted

let us know the resuts afer the test keeping you in prayers
    • Posted

Thank you Maria, yes am definitely going to go for it, I have a few various appointments coming up, quite scary when no one seems to know why my squint surgery went so wrong have had 3 operations and still seeing double nearly 6 months after the last one. Not to sure what tomorrow's visual field test has to do with it but let's see. Will let you know.

Thank you xx

• Posted

Went for the test this morning, my right eye was ok my left eye wasn't but all they would tell me is my left eye was worse then the right eye and my results would go to my Consultant. I thought you could get the results of these right away. 

• Posted

Hi Jennifer  I hope by now you have received your results for thre left and it is nothing to serious if you have not received it as yet then be positive most times no news is good news.  Keeping you in my prayers
    • Posted

Hi Maria, no news yet but I did already have an appointment with the consultant booked so will probably get them then. I have been under a consultant for a while I had squint surgery back in July due to my prism strength going from 3 to 20 in a matter of months, then I had to have another 2 squint surgeries due to them not working, it is better to look at how but still have double vision all the time and have to wear a patch. Not sure if any of it will resolve. Thank you for your reply xxx
    • Posted

I just wish you alll the best and after all these tests that what is wrong withyour eye can be taken care of sucessfully.
    • Posted

Thank you, will keep you posted. My hope ofnit going away is all but gone. Will see what my next two hospital appointments reveal. Xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.