Visual issues, strong pulse, bad bowels, headaches, tinnitus, general malaise, for 9 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody on here could help me out, I have been going through a range of symptoms for most of the year and I am hoping that by posting on here that somebody might come forward that has had a similar experience. Sorry in advance for the lengthy post.

Around the end of February or early March I started getting visual issues, (these issues are hard to describe as it is not a dizziness or light headedness. It is almost like I am not really in the room; it’s really hard to explain without somebody seeing it. There is also an element of light sensitivity with this also).

This was the first symptom that I presented with that I am aware of. Since then it has snowballed. My symptoms now include headaches (a lot), altered bowel habits (possible IBS), random aches around different areas of my body, muscle twitches, chest pains, foamy/oily urine, a lot of pressure in my back, neck and head, very annoying tinnitus, brain fog and fatigue (mild). The most alarming symptom to me is a constant bounding pulse. My pulse can be seen visibly on many places of my body; including my neck, abdomen, groin, wrists etc. (Aorta, carotid etc). It is so powerful that it moves my body and head and is most notable at night time. The pulse does not elevate too much like with tachycardia issues, my resting bpm is low 50’s it is just very strong. If you google strong pulse along with the other symptoms you get results ranging from mild to very bad. However I have had numerous testing through the NHS, which has all come back okay. I have also had some strange symptoms such possible alcohol intolerance and I have to limit my screen time as the reading makes my headaches worse.

At this point I have seen ENT (received a head MRI), a gastroenterologist (abdominal ultrasound and colonoscopy), two neurologists, a cardiologists (ecg stress test, echo) and an immunologist. I have had numerous blood tests including full blood counts, thyroid function, hba1c (Diabetes) etc which have all come back normal.

The Doctors have no answers at present, although ME/CFS has been suggested. I am unsure of this.

It is also worth noting that prior to this; I had a bad case of the flu in Dec/Jan and then a stomach bug like illness earlier in in Feb. I seemed to recover from these episodes however, and then the other symptoms started in earnest after this.

I am 27 male and previous to this I was quite athletic. If anybody has had a similar experience to me, please could you let me know, as I am struggling to deal with all this, and the professionals do not seem to have many answers at the moment. Thanks in advance 😃.

I have posted this twice now, once in the CFS forum and once in general so that more people may see it, as I am desperate. I you don't mind the repost 😃!!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Might look into CIRS/Biotoxin Illness. It can cause a wide array of symptoms that are not detectable by general bloodwork. Only specific test would show. An MRI with neuroquant would show. (has to have neuroquant). Bloodwork that would be abnormal would be MSH, Cortisal c4a, c3a, sometimes Leptin, MMP9, im sure there are others these are the ones i remember off the top of my head. There is a good online test of symptoms to give you an idea if you may have this.I will warn you finding a doctor who is certified in treating can be difficult. Good Luck!

• Posted

Thanks,

This is very interesting, I'll do some research. Would I have to he exposed to mould for a long time or something similar for this?

Tanks again 😃

• Posted

Yes, either at your home or at work. But not necessarily for a long time

• Posted

hi Jerome,

I'm on the cfs/me forum too and not having a great day so may have answered there too so apologies if I have.

I have many similar symptoms bar the really strong beat although have had something like that before and foamy urine. think as a guy this is maybe due to you causing foam when you pee? I sometimes get this but has never worried me.

I have been in bed all day because I met friends yesteday and had 3 alcoholic drinks as well as food but, today, eye, ear, jaw and head ache plus nausea and full exhaustion. I know mine is cfs/me and just have to rest. Screen time is a killer for me too.

Re: cfs/me there is usually (but not always) a trigger: virus, surgery, bereavement, stress etc the mould mentioned in the other post could cause too as a trigger on system. There are three types of cfs/me : mild, moderate and severe. you can google on nhs website. usually people are very active before onset, know I was and you were an athlete.

Hope it helps

Beverley

• Posted

I second the CIRS comment. This is 100% me. The heart symptoms can be caused by inflammation of the autonomic centers of the brain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.