vit d palps

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone on here have palpertations when taking vit d i am low but am having trouble taking them does anyone know of a good one

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yes I get palpitations but I didn't relate it to vitamin D. Palpitations are a common peri symptoms. I am on beta blockers for it xx

• Posted

Hi michelle i dont get palps now only when i take vit d ,trouble is i need them 
  • Posted

It is not something I have experienced, but I take my Vit D with magnesium (with B6) and Vit K2.

I believe that palpitations with Vit D are due to a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is one of the things that many of us are deficient in, due to modern farming methods.

One of the things that Vit D does is make calcium available to the body. The Vit K2 helps make sure that the calcium gets to where it is needed,in your bones and NOT your arteries!

• Posted

At the momment I'm taking 1,250mg of GMO free magnesium from a company in the States. Sometimes I take 600mg with B6 from a make I get from the health store.

I take 1,000iu of Vit D3. Hope this helps.

• Posted

hi karen,  Desunin, prescribed by doctor.  I had trouble with OTC ones too.
  • Posted

The daily recomended for Vitamin D is 2000 IU's I believe. I've beem taking Vitamin D3 for a few years now. When I started it my D level was 30. I take 10,000 IU's a day. Started with 5000 and my levels didn't rise very quickly. I get it checked every 6 months. Even now after 4 years of taking 10,000 IU's my levels sit at 65 and I am out in the sun alot. I think the daily recommend should be higher but that's my personal opinion. There are many health problems that come from low vitamin D that people don't realize. 

• Posted

I agree. My GP said they didn't check for Vit D deficiency because it was assumed that most of us here in NI are Vit D deficient. Shame they don't prescribe it with the same enthusiasm as statins!

Do you take Vit K2 with your Vit D? We have been taking it since we read that, although Vit D helps with calcium uptake, it is the Vit K2 that gets it into your bones not your arteries.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Not sure if this will help, but my doctor always says to take D3, not plain D.  I take 2000 iu's of D3. Plus my over 50 Multi has another 600 iu's of D3.  I also take B6, and B12, Magnesium 1000.  These are daily...just a partial list of my daily vitamins.  lol  No heart palps.

• Posted

Don't think there is such a thing as 'plain D'. Your doc might be thinking of D2. When Vit D is mentioned it is usually D3 they are thinking about.

You probably don't get heart palps because you take magnesium - and a suitcase full of other supplements, like me.cheesygrin

• Posted

LOL  Maybe so!  I do take a "suitcase" full of other supplements like you!  smile

I used to get heart palps, but my Cardio doc put me on the B6, Folic Acid and Fish Oil.  He said if all his his patients would only take these, he would be happy.  I've taken them ever since, and no palps!  It's been about 20 years now.

• Posted

Wow, that was one enlightened doctor. Most are very dismissive of supplements.
    • Posted

Yep...he said those three things alone, were very good for the heart.  He was a great doctor...I miss him!  We moved out of state, so I can't see him now.  sad  But, I still go by what he said!  lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.