Vitamin B-12 deficiency, Type 2 diabetes, or Anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im Sehk, 22 male and Ive been very confuse with my symptoms if its just Vitamin B-12 def, type 2 diabetes or just Anxiety. I have a problem distingquishing them since the symptoms are almost the same.

My symptoms are the following:

Numb and tingling feeling in hands and feet

thirsty feeling

feeling unease

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get b12 injections and the symptoms are different then yours posted. A bloodtest can verify the first two. The fact you googled your symtoms leads me to believe its most likely all anxiety.
    • Posted

I am a very anxious person, but I didnt know for sure. I have certain fears that these symtoms may lead to other things so I googled it. I havent had a anxiety attack so I never knew the feeling. I have also muscle pains. Do you ever have those kinds of symtoms Lisa?
    • Posted

Too many symptoms over the years to ever list. Yes stress can cause muscle spasms. The b12 deficiency has some symptoms you feel and others you dont. The things you do not feel end up being the ones that cause issues. I have optic pallor, scary but had no clue but b12 deficiency can do that. I was already take injections but there was a shortage for abt a year so ig thats what happened. But the symptoms im afraid to list because if you have health anxiety youll absorb them, they arent what you noted. Google is wrong  so much of the time. Diabetes 2 you would know there were issues and a simole glucose blood test would let you know that one as the same with b12. So those two you can get blood tests for and know really quickly the answers. You are lucky you have never had a panic attack and a great idea to learn cbt so you are always armed.there are foods to help you out with being anxious. Diet can and does help. Fresh holy basil chopped up a half of cuo a day have natural calming chemicals in it as does juiced celery juice 10oz cuo a day. No caffiene and proccessed foods. And lots of water with a bit of fresh lemon or lime or both. Keeping well hydrated will most likely even help you sore muscles.muscles live being hydrated. Log your diet until you go for the blood tests and see if you have a high salt intake. Good luck on your bloodtests
    • Posted

it went to moderation sorry. Getbthe bloodtests for glucose and b12 and you know from that.
  • Posted

Hello Sehk,

I also have a persistent thirst and I fainted two weeks ago after skipping lunch and taking a walk. I am normally much more robust. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to discuss blood glucose testing.

I take B12 (sublingual drops) and also supplement with B-complex.

• Posted

Thanks Sarah I will take your advice smile Im guessing its not anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.