Vitamin b12 and migrane with aura

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone experienced worsening migraines with aura after being diagnosed as vit b12 deficient? I was woken at 3.30am with horrendous headache followed by an aura. Had bloods app at 8am which I attended then left surgery and couldn't see in left eye. Managed to get home then aura in right eye which repeated in left. Been in bed all day but still have headache and feel a bit odd. Am also menopausal so coulld be connected to that too

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I have had a dull headache, nassau, and diarrhea with cramping for 2 months.  At first the doctor thought it might be fibroids or ovarian cancer.  Had the transvaginal and all was well.  I am going to a GI on Thursday and I want to be checked for b12 deficiency as I have been on Metformin for years and was not told to take a b12. 
  • Posted

Hi Mable,

YES I am.

ive been put on medication for 6 months and feeling better, been on this for 3 months now. I felt terrible for months and months.

feeling sick, Migranes (being at my worse!) 

u name it I had it, 

i had full blood works done and was very anaemic. I'm to in peri, and my migranes were horrendous and experiencing aura to,

i was fed up ( girls at work had an ear piercing done called DAITH which doesn't stop migranes reduces them) OMG........they raved at how good this was...... To be honest I was to chicken to have this done,  BUT my migranes were at there worst, I then decided to have the piercing done. 

My migranes are none existent, bad heads yes but no migranes. I'm not saying it works for all for me and the girls at work we are all pleased with this!!!!!.

and yes being in peri does make the migranes worse.

i also feel better on the medication which I'm on off the GP.

All the best.

• Posted

Thanks Shelly - Daith? Never heard of that - how does it help?
    • Posted

Shelley check out my response to mable below.  If you want to be migraine free without all the drugs - Go to Migrainer sufferers who want to be cured" on fb.  I was a chronic migrainer, as were thousands that joined.  We are all either migraine free, or in the process of becoming migraine free.  Without drugs. Hope to see you there.

• Posted

my daughter does mut not sure about the menopauseby love 
  • Posted

Mable, migraines will get worse around menopause.  It is becuase your body is using up so much energy during the change, that everything gets worse! The reason you wake at 3-4 am with a migraine, is that your brain hasliterally run out of fuel. If you are having ongoing migraine issues, check out Migrainers who want to be cured on fb. it is a drug free approach, and the only thing that works for chronic migraines. It has also solved a lot of my other issues as well. 
  • Posted

Sounds like a migraine to me Mable...especially with the aura...most women complain about it going with meno...but not sure about B12 def.  Migraines can come on so easy...for any reason.  Might want to give your doctor a call...see what they say.  Good luck...hope your migraine goes away!!!!!  XX
  • Posted

If you are B12 deficient wouldn't they give you something rectify your deficieny.

Brewer's Yeast daily  

• Posted

Hi Beth. Yes I have vit b12 injections - 6 in 2 weeks then every 3 mths, I also take a vit b12 daily oral spray and vit d and magnesium Still have symptons!!!
  • Posted

I have just remembered Mable when i was younger in my teenager years before my periods started I suffered chronic migraines with auras spending two days at a time in a darkened room my gp said then I could have then when I went through the menopause I am going through the peri at the moment no migraines at the moment ~(touch wood) but I do wake up with a heavy head every morning if the girls can point me to the right page for the migrainers I would appreciate it as my daughter suffers terrible migraines 
  • Posted

Hello

Yes I get migrianes so much that I've had to take propranolol tablets and they have help with  the migraine headaches so go and see your doctor and talk about it.

• Posted

Now day 3 and ended up in A&E last night as had a very funny turn. Eye sight went couldn't focus hands wouldn't move and dropped a cup - all very scarey stuff Dr said poss TIA which has scared me to death!! Have t go for ct scan next so another wait!! But good news bloods came back fine today so not diabetic ????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.