Vitamin B12, D, Iron deficient!

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Hella All,

I got my blood test report and here are the values

Cholestrol:175 mg/dl Range:130-220 

HDl - 40 mg/dl Range:40-60

LDL - 120 mg/dl Range:0-150

Iron- 36 ug/dl Range:45-165

Creatine- 0.6mg/dl Range:0.6-1.1

FT3- 2.69 pg/ml Range:2.00-4.20

FT4-1.21 ng/dl Range:0.80-1.70

Ferritin-27 ug/dl Range:10-120

Vitamin B12 - 390 ng/l Range:180-914 

TSHRA - <1.8 Range:<1.8

Folic acid - 15.98 ng/ml Range:3.1-19.9

25-OH-Vitamin D - 4 ng/ml Range:30-100 (this is way too low  [sad]  wink

Currently am taking b12 1000ug, Iron .

Am prescribed to take Dekristol 20000I.E. colecalciferol Vitamin d3,

Magnesium verla N Dragees

I have breathing problem. Sometimes i use to get knee pain which i neglected thinking may be too much sitting but i think it was due to low vitamin D.

I also dont feel motivated and push myself very hard to do everyday work like even getting up and going to my college. Or even going out with my friends!

Now its been almost a month i started taking b12, iron supplements but still i have breathing problem. I started taking vitamin d supplements from one week as i got tested it recently.

Your valuable feedback would be very helpful.

Thank You

Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You will find it takes a while to increase your vitamin D to a reasonable level, normally at least three months and as yours is so low it could be longer. The good thing is most of your results are pretty good apart from the vit D and iron. Low iron will make you feel under the weather and low vit D may as well.

Do you smoke? 

• Posted

Ok. Thanks for your reply.

No i donot smoke or drink alcohol. Also i am vegeterian(except milk and eggs i dont eat any other animal food)

• Posted

But do we get breathing problem if we are deficient?? I struggle to breathe sometimes. And after few hours or minutes it gets fine. Usually that time my nose will be completely blocked, but breathing from mouth also be difficult
    • Posted

Are you saying that you cannot breathe because your nose is blocked which could be sinus problems or are you having difficulty breathing due to respiratory problems in your lungs?
    • Posted

i initially suspected low in iron is causing it. My doctors also tested my respiratory but there was no problem. They said its normal. But still i cannot breathe(note:Its not always but sometimes) and when i observed from few days my nose is completed blocked during that timeand i will not be take air from mouth also. I dint had sinus proble. May be i shozld tell my GP about nose blockage ask her about sinus.
    • Posted

It does not sound like you have a respiratory problem if it is a blocked nose. It could be allergy. If it is blocked all the time it could be a polyp, or it could just be how your body is designed! Do you smoke? That can also cause it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.