Vitamin b12 injections scared to have them

Posted , 11 users are following.

Really scared I have my first injection in half n hour I suffer from bad anxiety and agoraphobia and don't even take paracetamol or antibiotics because just incase they make me feel strange of different I am so scared of these injections because I don't want to feel a way I don't like and not be able to stop it please can someone give me a bit of help orguidance on what am I should expect from these injections and what they are going to make me feel please xx     

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you cloendaisy1990? My Mom and Aunt have depression and anxiety and the B12 helped them dramatically. I would get support and counseling and if necessary anything calming you can take to get through this, what you are suffering with is far worse than the shot. If you have methylcobalamin compounded it absorbs easiest to be most useful naturally in the body. As thes lovely people stated here look at diet, GI health is often overlooked, you will need a naturally focused support for this to do it right and feel right. For me just going gluten-frree got rid of my anxiety and starving feelings. I finally found a good doctor that will help with my injections and that is crucial as oral B12 won't help if you have underlying issues, which you clearly do just by acknowledging here what your complaints are. Please if you have not done this please find the help you need to get it, many prayers and blessings on your journey.

• Posted

I just had my shots (3 shots) last week. It stings a bit. I am going to be honest the area where i got injected (bum) pained for a day or so. After getting injections, i felt more weak, dizzy all the time, warm flushes, more anxiety. I got to know that it's the side effects. It was my experience. Every body is different. I hope you had you feel well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.