Vitamin b6 toxicity

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi does anyone no how to reduce b6 levels in the body apart from stopping supplementation my levels are toxic I have small fibre neuropathy heart palps dizziness fatigue etc, anyone with any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Why can’t you stop the supplements? That is the only way to reduce your B6 toxicity. How do you know you have B6 toxicity, did you have a blood test?
  • Posted

I have b6 toxicity, you also have to stop eating foods high in b6 as it can exacerbate your symptoms even more. Your blood serum will go down in a few months but it is still stored in your tissues. Exercise if you can. It's been a year and I still have symptoms. It will take a while depending on how high your levels are.

• Posted

Do you think eaing a diet in high fiber like allbran cereal and fresh raw veggies would help  the toxity

of B6 .Ithink the more fiber to bind and flush the system. Water is the next best to hydrate .

hydrating,fiber and getting your electrolytes  is needed 

• Posted

Rice bran taken away from foods on an empty stomach, has lots of fiber. I think eating foods high in fiber is a great idea. Cereal might be fortified with b6.

I take liver capsules to increase my b12 naturally to calm the nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.