Vitamin C?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,I've been suffering with BV for years and tryed just about everything over the counter,prescriptions and home remedies but nothing lasted very long.I was trying the vitamin C insert but it gave me cramps,has anyone had this problem with the vitamin C insert? I want to try it agin and maybe deal with the cramps but I'm afraid they will get worse,but I did read where a few ladies tryed the 250mg and it worked so maybe 500mg is to much?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Vitamin C can cause cramping. It stimulates uterine contractions and can cause cramping in some women. I've tried the one with rose hips and didn't cramp but the vitamin c without rose hips caused cramping the first two times I used it but hasn't caused cramping after those first two episodes.

Trust me cramping is much better than yucky smelly discharge bv infections.

I used 500mg vitamin c with and without rosehips.

• Posted

Listen to your body I wouldn't use it if it's doing this have you been gp and got antibiotics called metronidazole? They worked for me

• Posted

I believe one of the reasons so many people are on this message board is that metro gel and antibiotics do not work for them.

Almost everything has side effects including antibiotics so just because something is prescribed by a doctor doesn't mean that it is always safe and doesn't mean it is effective.

• Posted

It has been for me ,! And I did not get the side effects that others got feeling sick or dizzy, I guess a lot of ppl on hear tho are to willing to try every thing forst b4 ?they go the drs where as I dosnt I got what the Dr gave me and used it if that failed I would have went on to buy home remedies but I do believe that by using rise hips vit c ??an all the others it's makingnit worse I have read countless posts where ppl state these dos not work for them any way every one is different but I would strongly suggest a visit to gp for the prescribed treatment is best to start with I get this feeling by using all these products it just angers the bv and ph levels to become more aggressive then it's that bad nothing will work

• Posted

Well I can only speak for myself but antibiotics worked temporarily and the bv came back--every single time (I tried 6 times) and it came back each time.

I think for most women, visiting the doctor is their first choice and many turn to alternatives as an option when traditional medicine does not work. If antibiotics worked for everyone, this particular thread on BV would probably not exist.

• Posted

How long did the antibiotics work for you how long was it b4 the nasty bv returned and when was your first episode,?

I was kind of frightened to go the gp as I thought I had ??an STI so I came hear once I started to read the things ppl where putting I realised I may have bv so I wenf to the gp several months later that worked for me I was waiting for it to come back again but it never did I am always on gaurd tho to b fair , at one point because the antibiotics worked I was beginning to think mine was trich but one lady told me that if it was that soons I had sex with my patner it would be back but as it isn't im thinking it Carnt of been trich

• Posted

Well the antibiotics worked after 3 days but I had a 7 day supply so I finished it. I was bv free for about 3 weeks and as soon as I had my menstrual cycle, the bv returned.

Maybe you are one of the lucky women who responded to antibiotics or maybe you had an sti that was cured by antibiotics--I don't know.

What I do know is I've had bv on and off for 5 years and the only thing that has worked to keep it away is Vitamin C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.