Vitamin c

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've heard today that a high dose of vitamin c every day can help with vertigo .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I just had a vertigo attack that hit me during the night on Saturday & Sunday & Monday. It woke me up and I eventually went back to sleep to have it happen again when I turned over in bed.  Everthing was flying around the room. Of course it wasn't but that was the sensation. A friend of mine also has vertigo and she said it happened to her because we had a winter storm with a low pressure system that came in slowly.  I was at a Christmas Party by the ocean where the system landed so it's worth considering since it seems more than coincidental that we both had it the same day. Some of the posts on this site suggest it can be brought on by dehydration and being anxious.  I was a little stressed and wasn't drinking any water so I'm considering that too.  I'll try the vitamin C because it is so horrible that I would be happy never to have it again.  My vertigo issue appeared originally in May this year as a result of a brain tumor, and it happened again in October when I got an early bout of influenza.  I went to the doctor thinking it was an inner ear infection because of the flu virus but he said everything was clear.  Thank goodness for this site because the forums are helpful.  

• Posted

Bless that's awful. I hear vitamin c and magnesium helps and lots of water x

• Posted

I just had some vitamin c & now I'll add it to my daily vitamins along with the magnesium.  I would much rather take natural supplements. I already had a journey with a particular medication this year when my hair fell out due to a new  blood pressure medication in July. I started drinking pure aloe gel & changed the meds and thankfully it grew back quickly.

• Posted

I'm curious what is a high dose of Vitamin C? I'd like to give it a try. I have had vertigo for 11 mos now. On Topamax and now Amitriptyline. I also take CoQ10, Riboflavin (B vit) and a migraine vitamin that has magnesium, butterbur, feverfew, more coq10 and more. In addition to the vertigo I've had dizziness, eye and hearing symptoms and sensitive to light and sound. And headaches although they weren't there initially. I've been diagnosed with vestibular migraine but have had bppv in Jan and just was found to have had it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.