Vitamin C results

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've replied a couple of times, previously reporting that the Vitamin C worked - or seemed to. This past weekend my boyfriend came over (we were long distance, so haven't seen him in 3 weeks that I have been dealing with this) - and not only did a really fishy odor appear (and ruined my state of mind) but we had sex and it really started to hurt (having to stop). 

The smell has returned, the pain is new. I have recently been tested for STI's and have a clean bill of health in that respect.

I've tried many days with Vitamin C, have been taking mountains of high quality (and expensive) vitamins (all the ones listed on this forum) did the garlic, pro biotics, yogurt, cider vinegar, salt soak and tea tree oil.

The only thing I haven't tried is boric acid (kinda scared to be honest) and anti biotics. 

I think I have to do the anti biotics and just wipe the canvas clear.

Also - my boyfriend and I decided to break up. Maybe that will clear it up.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Jess

i had BV ... I had no odour, it was picked up on a smear..

my gyno gave me vaginal antibiotics called clindamycin vaginal ovules.

there was 3,

i had to use for three nights 

followed by laurimic ovules for 3 nights ( for thrush) as antibiotics can cause thrush

i had to repeat this as above a month later 

and BV all gone - PH is fine again 

i check vaginal ph levels with eco care vaginal PH home testers and can monitor my own PH levela then ..

jay x

• Posted

So they worked for you.  I'm so torn/confused. I've tried all of the natural remedies and it feels like its just getting worse. I can't clean my diet up much more than I have (and usually have an excellent whole foods based diet). 
  • Posted

Im telling you jess04983 the antibotics at least for a lot of us seems to cause more of a problem. I like you was scared to death to try the boric acid.....dont be it worked better than everything else
    • Posted

I'm sorry - can you repeat your use of it? How long ago did you do it? How long have you been suffering? Did you experience any side effects?
    • Posted

antibotics  do work but for me they only work while on them and I wind up getting a yeast infection.  It for me became a vicious cycle. Boric acid is what they used back in the day before all of these antibotics. Just about everything messes with my ph.....semen and even my own mentrual does it everytime.....the ph of both is way over what it should be down there.  my daughter is the same way she too uses the boric acid and loves it.
    • Posted

I used 1 pill every night for 3 days. (The very next day the smell was gone). Ive been suffering for years. both my daughter and I are what they consider chronic. I use in the begining middle and end of my cycle.  For the most part my hubby does not ejaculate in me but it he does I pop one in. Ive had no side effects. Go on to amazon and check out the many reviews you wont regret it.

• Posted

Hi Bridget! You are talking about the boric acid capsules correct? So you recommend thee nights in a row, then after that, just one at the beginning, one in the middle and one at the end of your cycle. Is that all? And that keeps you totally BV free? smile Thanks!
    • Posted

Hi it does for me that and if im intimate with hubby I immedately wash and pop one in. .  I have no smell, no itches and no discharge.  Oh and I only wash with Vagisils PH Balance wash and yeah thats about it.  I found that semen and my cycle are triggers for me. Nothing and I me nothing is allowed in that zone no purfumes, creams or spray because they too can cause issues.
    • Posted

Last time I had it was so bad it was running down my leg (sorry if its TMI)
    • Posted

Great! Made more capsules tonight! (Tried them in the past.) Just started my cycle last night, so this is good timing! smile Thank you!
    • Posted

bridget, are you talking about the boric acid capsules?

Or are you talking about Clindamyacin?

• Posted

Boric acid....the crap dr.s give just turn into a cycle for me and i cant that all I use now and not very often

• Posted

Use condoms if you have sex you won't get Bv again and unfortunately it seems to lay dormant and it can pop up again I don't think there is a cure to rid of it once it has reached your system systemically for a while.
    • Posted

I have a sensitivity to condoms latex or otherwise. I honestly think my system is irrated with my partner. I have decided to try the boric acid tonight, enjoy a good stretch and add folic acid to the vitamins. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.