vitamin D

Posted , 5 users are following.

We are going into autumn and our opportunity in the UK to obtain vitamin D is about to end sad

Vitamin D is so essential. Taking this as a supplement made a significant difference. If you take a multi vit it will be included but if you have low levels it wont be enough.

I started on 10,000 to boost my system (stress depletes vit D) but ive now reduced to 5000 per day plus the 1000 in my multi vit.

theres good info on the vitamin D council if anyone is interested

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh gosh!

I really cant bear to think about the fact that summer is on its way out sad

Last night I had to put the central heating on and it made me think about how I will now have to think about winter meals while on Orlistat. As much as I love salad, it does not quite do the trick for me in winter months, other than being a side dish!

Yes Vitamin is so very important, I take a multi vitamin and extra Vitamin D, I have a hectic life although I have never thought about it being stressful, I just get on with life.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I love cooler temps as my dogs are happier and I can do stuff with them during the day which I cant in the summer as its just to dangerous for them

I dont find life stressful, but my job is. I struggle to get thru the winter without a holiday for sun. I have 2 this winter smile

I think most of us struggle with the winter, however I do love cold crisp bright days. Its the grey dampness I hate

• Posted

I work for Doctors, who took part in a massive research programme, investigating low Vit D levels in GB and the results were staggering. 70% of people in the North of the country had low levels. They (in light of the results) recommend that a Vit D supplement is taken, especially through the winter when our access to sun is limited (or if you live in Manchester, like me with NO SUN, FULL STOP! ). So I think your post huskylover is bang on!!  exclaim
  • Posted

Yes it really does make a difference. Sadly gp s dish out antidepressants far too quick without trying high levels of vit d first.

My energy levels are amazing smile

• Posted

Wow!....make a mental note to myself...take more Vitamin D!

I am starting at the gym tonight, I now I am going to get so tired to start with!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

The problem they would have, is that Vit D takes awhile to accumulate in the system, whereas Antidepressants can work quickly.. and depression isnt always linked to a vitamin deficiency, so a first line for GP's are antidepressants. There has also not been enough studies to show that Vitamin D is effective as a first line of treatment for people suffering with depression.  Its an effective supplement, but cannot ever be 'treatment'.
  • Posted

Very interesting post Husky.

Personally i can't wait for the cold weather infact the thought of summer actually drains me i hate the heat! x

• Posted

im on vit d.i cant stand it too hot and muggy.the doctors give me something new every time i visit.it was cold out at 5.30 am today.i stood at bus stop and teeth were chattering
  • Posted

There is defo a place for antidepressants but id love to see more nhs info promoted about vit d. We're all advised to wear sun lotion (which I dont do) so at what point do we get this essential vitamin. It can only be obtained from direct sun and in the uk it is impossible to get enough

Magnesium and vit D has been life changing for me so I do love to promote it.

yes its from a build up, so if folk start taking now it will maintain levels throughout the winter as their body can only store for a while so by the end of oct it'll be low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.