vitamin d

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I recently had full bloods done after some horrible symptoms. They have come back with vitamin D at 19.6! I live in the UK, My go has put this as normal but from what I have read on the subject, it is far from normal can anyone help!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Was your B12 tested, as your symptoms are also those of B12 deficiency - burning feet is very common.
    • Posted

Yes b12 was ok but serum ferritin (I think) was low
    • Posted

Hi jeanp yes it is awful and I never realised it could make you feel so ill. I have had to cut my hours at work and am being made to feel really guilty by my colleagues, I just hope they are never ill!
    • Posted

Yes, it is hard not to feel guilty, but you are protecting your health. If you don't cut your hours you might have to have time off and they would be even more fed up.   

I have had to go down from five days to four, with a day off mid-week. My colleagues, at least those that know about it, are supportive - one of them has herself recovered from CFS. But then when I want to sit quietly at lunchtime and just eat my sandwich and read a book, and not talk (and it's usually about work, so not really a break), it is hard for them to understand I just want to be left alone! I'm not being anti-social; if i don't rest, it is much harder to get through the afternoon.

• Posted

I agree Arlene that is very low, I would definitely go and see someone else, because that does need sorting out. 

I also had a problem with mine which was 10 when it should have been at least 50, after the treatment they put me on it did go up to 50, but I now take a multi vitamin suppliment to make sure it doesn't go down again, I just had to ask a pharmacist that the amount of Vitamin D it had in it was enough and it was, I do have to have a blood test every so often to make sure it stays at the right level

I hope you manage to get it sorted and you start to feel better real soon x

• Posted

I also forgot to add Arlene that the symptoms that I had was like a bad case of gastroenteritis or IBS which wasn't very nice at all, and constantly feeling very tired but not being able to sleep x 
    • Posted

Hi carolb13 I have ibs anyway and for ages have been having what I thought was a flair up but very bad. I did not realise it could cause these symptoms! How long did it take for you to start feeling better? I have been put on supplements now, 3100 vit d and 5 mg folic acid.
    • Posted

Hi Arlene

I was even signed off work on three different occasions saying that I had Gastroenteritis, I had some really stong treatment which I had to take a small phial once a week for about three weeks, and the symtoms started to ease on the final week, but I can't remember what the amount was though I'm afriad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.