Vitamin D

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can someone please advise me about what strength of vitamin D supplement is best for me to take? I have been told my vitamin D level is low and may be the cause of the aches and pains I have been experiencing the last few months. My doctor however did not tell me which strength is best and there's quite a variety. I have been taking some that are 12.5ug but have realised this strength is actually one of the lowest available? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with 7 ng/ml two weeks back. My doctor suggested for a 60000 IU sachet per week, to be taken for 8 weeks. The suggestion as per my reading comes from where is your level currently and where you want to reach (like 50 ng/ml etc).

Mine was like a complete heart palpitations, acid fatigue and chest pain. I am yet to feel better as just 2 weeks gone.

WIsh you good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.