Vitamin D and IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced relief of IBS symptoms while taking prescription strength Vitamin D supplements? I've been on them for 5 weeks now and my wind/rumblings/mushy poop (sorry!) seem to have eased considerably. I was diagnosed with IBS over 20 years ago after a massive dose of antibiotics for a serious infection and have only ever had very short spells of 'normal' feeling bowels occasionally. Over the that few weeks ive even been able to eat normally. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you all x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This sounds very interesting Lisa and definitely worth trying.

Today I am really suffering with my IBS and spending lots of time in the bathroom with terrible diarrohea. I am going through a really stressful time with other serious health problems and a house move to another area of the Country which proves that stress does play a big part in IBS .

My poor tummy is so sore and burning. I have taken an Ometprazole for Antacid and an immodium for diarrohea . Everything crossed that it calms down later.

As an ex Servicewoman, I am watching the Remembrance Parade in London which I have proudly taken part in four times. We all suffer from IBS but when you hear what these brave service personnel went through and suffered, so many paying the ultimate sacrifice and giving their lives, I guess we should be grateful that at least we have the wonderful NHS to help us.

Take Care Everyone

SYLVIA

• Posted

I haven't heard of this treatment for IBS. However, since it works for you, that's great. IBS treatments work differently for everyone.

• Posted

well I have had IBS for many years and take haliborange tablet everyday it contains vitamins ACD, we all take them just one a day. I suffer from anxiety too and have to watch what I eat. If I eat fruit and fibre breakfast cereal sure enough terrible diaorrhea so I only eat that one day a week if I can. I eat a lot of Lidl's bread toasted and banana at breakfast time. What I have found is if I make smoothies with berries, frozen mixed berries just now, and mix with yoghurt it has helped me a lot and I try to take that ever day - not possible sometimes, sometimes we dont feel like eating that but I have known a big difference in my bowel by doing that.. I blend the berries and pour some into three dishes and mix with a yoghurt each. I have to do that anyway because our son has multiple sclerosis. We also take a good probiotic capsule each morning. I think the probiotic capsule along with a probiotic yoghurt and fruit makes a big difference. I suffered with one day diaorrohea and one day constipation and pains etc but everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.