vitamin D and skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has the vitamin D done anything for your skin I have psoriasis and have been advised to take it xxmags

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I take vit D and swear by it to keep my mood & motivation up. I didn't know it can help skin but now you mention it a few friends do comment how clear my skin is

I take 5000 daily (was 10,000) but from nov time I will increase again.

I always take my summer holiday in the winter as I long for the sunlight

I use solgar brand due to their known quality although I'm tempted by the mouth spray for an immediate pick me up

• Posted

Hi  gonna add it to my regime sounds like its gonna help .  I,m gonna be rattleling. Lol. Xx mags
  • Posted

I have psoriasis also and since starting this low fat diet and drinking water my skin has never been better my scalp is usually worst place at the side of my nose my elbows and all have cleared up loads. My sons dad is from a hot sunny country and his health visitor has mentioned something about keeping and eye on his vitamin d levels but I already give my little boy a multi vitamin with it in because he hardly eats anything 
    • Posted

Good advice from the HV. Darker the skin the more vitamin D is needed as less is absorbed thru the skin.

Multi vits only have low levels low so keep an eye on him. If his energy, mood etc goes down there could be a link. More seriously though if there's a defiency it effects quite a few things inc bones

He will defo need safe sun exposure in the summer with no sun protection on

• Posted

Hi ceejay my psoriasis is getting a little better with the low fat diet and all the water especially my scalp  my legs are still a bit of a mess  so I thought I might try extra vitamin d with my multi vitamins  worth a try maybe. Xxx mags  oh how long have you been on the orlistat. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.