Vitamin d? Any other ideas?

Posted , 4 users are following.

im taking 40mg esomeperazole and 300 ranitidine and the burning is still constant all day, every day. I've had endoscopy and they said I had no signs of reflux but I don't understand as I have nearly every symptom. My g.p has just referred me again as I'm in so much pain.ive had the burning from my mouth down pretty much constantly since March and I'm very miserable. Weird question, does anyone else hear fizzing with it? Also I've been on very high vitamin d3 for 1 1/2 years, could this be the cause? I'd love some help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi doses of Vitamin D3 is toxic. Do you have a D3 deficiency?  If not, why are you taking it?  With just 20 minutes of sun you get your daily dose. 
    • Posted

i was taking it because I'm disabled and gave mobility problems so I don't go out very much. I thought it would help but I feel stupid now for not researching as much as I should. I have stopped it. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi there I've got the same as you and had it for three years I'm taking ZONTON FAST TAB and RANITIDINE both twice a day well my Vitamin D levels is very low and I really think it the meds we get that stop you having normal levels because of this my doctor put me on vit D3 since starting to take it I've been a lot worse refluxed about a week ago now I've got a throat and gullet on fire constant stinging it's the vit D that's done this I've stopped the d vit to see if it heals me also I was on and off the toilet all day it really upset my stomach if I was you I would stop the vitamin d and ask your doctor to do a blood test to see what your levels are at if its gone to high that's as bad as to low do you get stinking in you throat and gullet as well as burning because it's so unpleasant makes my eyes stream

• Posted

Yes I feel like I'm breathing in burning air and my tongue is very sore. I'm scared to eat anything.

• Posted

Yes I'm the same I mostly eat chicken and fish and also Jacket potato I eat cornflakes with Luke warm milk for breakfast because cold milk make me burn more I drink decaf tea this is my diet when I'm having a bad patch with this dreadful illness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.