Vitamin D deficiency.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had a letter from the rheumatologist to say that I have vitamin D deficiency which I can't understand because I get plenty of sunlight and I have a good diet.Going to GP today to discuss supplements.Rheumatologist also suggests that my GP checks my PTH which I assume is parathyroid hormone.Does anyone have any experience of this.My pain and fatigue are becoming unbearable and if vitamin D supplements could alleviate some of it this would be wonderful,but I Don't want to get my hopes up only to be let down again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Same here precious, I take double recommended  vit d3, and magnesium..plus others. But they are the most important ones for me..:-) xx live in Australia....where there's lots of sunlight..??!?!?
  • Posted

i know about that feeling of getting your hopes up .its so cruel ,just to find out that it dosent make much differance . it does seem strange that you get alot of sunlight and you still lack init , maybe your just not absorbing it .

i started to take a vitd3 because tests showed i was very low  i had really bad pains in my toes it did help a little , but the pains are still there ,just not as bad if that helps any .  i am taking collidaul gold supplement on its own that seems to be helping more than when i took it with other supplements . hope you get sorted soon .try magneiusum oil and flakes for pain relief. 

• Posted

Hi Lily it was a very savvy staff nurse who worked on the ward where I had my operations for Arthritis, that first noticed my lack of vitamin D because she had had it her self so I suppose she knew what to look out for. I was rock bottom of the vit D scale I literally couldn't get any lower, but I was shocked that I could be that lacking of something that my body needed and I didn't know. My doctor put me on huge doses decreasing over time, however, that was a while ago and I'd dallied at taking over the counter vit D tablets but to be honest I'd forget (fibro fog)! Then I read an article about how vit D defeciency was becoming a real problem for all ages but especially those people with chronic pain and or fibromyalgia! People described my leg pain especially and also my arm pain to a 'T' it was good enough 'research' for me I now send away for higher dose vit D tablets and take it every day. The results have been really good my arm ache pain has nearly gone and the same with my legs! It's not clinical research but it's definitely worked for me, and let's be honest any help with our daily fibro struggle is well worth it. I wish you every luck and as much pain free time as possible, huge hugs  S.xx
  • Posted

Lily

i started vit.D3, calcium and magnesium supplements a couple of weeks ago. They were recommended by this site. They are helping! Pain is less and fatigue has lessened. Thanks to all for your help and good luck Lily.

• Posted

Hi Lily,

I was found to be Vit D deficient last May, seriously low. I had a two week intensive course and am still on monthly top ups. I'm awaiting results. I can't say I've had less pain but have been a little less tired. Like you I don't get my hopes up, I just wait and see. Any improvement, however small, is a positive :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.