VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have any of you been diagnosed with a vitamin D difficiency ? Is that something else that we have in common? If so, would supplements maybe help HS? JUST WONDERING

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well I'm not exactly sure if I've been diagnosed with a difficincy but I may have, but I also have other health issues as well so it's hard to keep up. I go to the doctors a lot. I've heard it more than once being called that in discussions from different doctors I've had. I've had lab work and my vitamin D has been as low as a 4 which isn't good many years ago...but I was prescribed vitamin D at one point but after that I've taken a vitamin D liquid gel pill ever since every day. I take 5,000 IU's a day. So more than likely I do have one. I've had my HS for a few years now and it doesn't do anything to that at all. So I would have to say no it probably won't do anything for the HS but I mean nobody has anything to lose by trying. Everybody's body is different so who knows. Maybe it helps to a small extent but not enough to be noticed? This isn't the first time I've heard people linking a vitamin D difficincy to HS, could always ask your dermatologist.

• Posted

Funny you should mention this, I have recently been diagnosed with HS and they also found me to be vitiman D defficient. I am taking regular vitimin D pills to help it, My energy levels have definitly improved. 
  • Posted

Hi i havent noticed if i have vitamin deficiency as the doctors havent mentioned it but i do take supplements for HS which ice read about online like L-lysine and Tumeric( curcumin) i feel both slightly help with inflamation however i luve in a very warm place so it acts up also randomly

• Posted

I definitely do, I usually measure in the single digits but I have hashimotos as well and my doc days ppl who have hashis have a harder time absorbing vitamin d, so I've always figured it stems from that. Never considered a connection to HS before. Would definitely be interesting to see if there is a connection

• Posted

I also have been taking tumeric, zinc and vitamin C. Those may be helping with healing. I don't know what helps and what doesn't anymore. I live in a small town and all my doctor says is that it's acne. She hasn't called it HS yet. I just believe that's what it is. Had it since I was in my 20s. Just always embarrassed to see the doctor for it.

• Posted

You really need to see a dermatologist to be properly diagnosed if you haven't already seen one yet. Regular physicians don't seem to know a whole lot about the disease cuz it's not really their field of expertise. They usually have to give you a referral to see the dermatologist for it unless with the type of insurance you have doesn't require one. We all know that HS is beyond "acne."

• Posted

Has anyone tried remicade infusion?

My doctor just put me on that has it been helpfull for anyone?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.