Vitamin D Deficiency

Posted , 3 users are following.

Went to the Doctors 2 weeks ago to get the results from my blood test. My vitamin d levels were 7.4 but I felt ok. I’ve been prescribed vit D2 1.25mg/ 50,000IU one pill per week (4 per month) and I have to repeat this again for a total of 8 weeks. I’ve been experiencing muscle spasms, headaches and extreme fatigue. How long until I’m feeling better if anyone has any insight?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well drs usually prescribe Vit D3 with calcium. I was prescribed D3 drops 20,000 iu a week. Magnesium helps the absorption. If you vit D remains low you may have an absorption problem and need Vit D injections. 
  • Posted

Very much depends on you - some people start to notice a difference in a week or two, others take much longer. And it also depends on whether the low vit D is the cause or a sign that you have some form of autoimmune disorder causing the problems - low vit D is often found in autoimmune disorders.

If it is only low vit D you are dealing with you don't necessarily need calcium as well. They are provided together when calcium is needed - and the addition of vit D3 to the calcium helps the calcium to be absorbed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.