Vitamin d deficiency

Posted , 4 users are following.

After weeks of chronic thigh muscle pain, neck ache,dizziness,anxiety, feeling exhausted my bloods have come back that my vitamin d level is low. I have been prescribed Colecalciferol 20000 to be taken once a week for 6 weeks and then go back for a repeat blood test. I am 44 and normally fit and well. Any advice please as I feel so unwell and the daily pain in my legs is awful

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I advice you to join the Facebook group vitamin D deficiency Uk. There are a lot of people that are experiencing your same thing and thus you can find a lot of answers to your questions. Anyway, whats your level? 20'000 per week is definitely not enough. In the Facebook group they suggest to take 10'000 d3 every day together with 400mg magnesium and 100mcg vitamin k2 because they increase the vit D absorption. In theory, with this treatment you should reach optimal d3 level (125 mnol/l) in three months. Anyway, all the symptoms you mentioned are classic vit D deficiency symptoms. And, since this happens often, if during the treatment you feel more pain, it’s because the bones are getting remineralized and that hurts, but it means you are healing. Hope this info will help you! Im also vit D deficient. Started 13 weeks ago with 50'000iu d3 weekly, but 4 weeks ago I started with the treatment i mentioned and that helped a lot, even though Im still not completely healed.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply,I don’t know what my level is yet,I received a letter from my Drs surgery this morning and as its bank holiday weekend I can’t contact them now until Tuesday to find out. This is all completely new to me and I had never heard of this before. It’s all a bit scary as I had been assuming all the symptoms I had been suffering with were (because of my age) down to me approaching the menopause
  • Posted

I agree with the other post. Join the Facebook group. I had these symptoms as well plus more. It started getting better after daily d3 doses. It took a few weeks to start noticing it. But today I’m having a bad day which they come and go. Hang in there. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.