Vitamin D deficiency and pain and hair loss OMG!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi all, I just had to write some preliminary blood tests back and while my thyroid is normal thanks to thyroid meds, I have a vit D deficiency. So I consulted Dr. Google and it seems vitamin D deficiency can be live on in pain especially in the joints, weight gain and hair loss, to name a few things!  could this help me???? I'm so excited to talk to my doc! Omg!!! I have a glimmer of hope and I type this with my "wrong hand", soaking in a hot tub of Epsom salts, since my writing arm is paralyzed with pain and popping joints! 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Kim.  I do not wish to be a wet blanket... but unless you are very low in Vitamin D, there is a small chance it is the reason, sorry. The same happened to me, I was a little bellow normal, now taking the amount doc prescribed, nothing changed my "symptoms", only time and what I think was hormonal balance - somehow. BUT, who knows, you might be the lucky one smile. It is just so you do not expect too much :S. Hugs! 
    • Posted

Thanks, Bella! I appreciate it--it's good to not expect a miracle and come back even more depressed...my level is 18. Normal according to this lab is 30-100. I'm still waiting for labs on rheumatoid factor and female hormones. I am open to HRT too. I will do anything to help this pain, including get very serious about weight loss b/c my cholesterol and blood sugar are bad. If I attack this from every angle possible, at least I will feel like I'm taking action -ya know? And if all this doesn't work, there's always street drugs! I joke I joke! 😜
    • Posted

Kim, that's a great attitude. I think you are doing just the right thing. All these little changes that don't appear to help on their own, will build up to a bigger change im sure and as you say at least you feel as if you are doing something to help yourself. Good luck and I hope you feel some change soon. Xx
  • Posted

Oooops, forgot to say, great part of the world population is D defficient nowadays - lack of sun!  And some have troble for absortion, even if they take sun... 
    • Posted

Yes, I was reading that... And also the if you're overweight, which I am, it's harder for the body to absorb. Interesting stuff... At least menopause is giving me an education!
    • Posted

So...  From a non-expert point of view, you D level looks really low and maybe it will be a quick fix for you :D. Do not get very concerned about the Rheumathoid, I still think it is just plain Hormonal - it sucks and is a roller coaster.  Some days. I do not feel anything at all, the other I am not that great - and it just speaks by itself how the hormones varies daily if not hourly.  

Do not forget the high potency Omega 3, too. 

Xx

• Posted

Hi Kim

in time it will help I have a thyroid problem myself and last year I found out My vit d level was low have been on vit d for over a year but sometimes I get joint pain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.