Vitamin D deficiency. My whole body aches, what can I do?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I went to the doctor for muscle pain in neck, upper back, kidney area, buttocks, and thighs...basically all over and had blood work done. My vitamin D is 10 (extremely low), CPR is elevated, 10.2 and CPK is 142. Is there a link between Vitamin D deficiency and inflammation? I'm in so much pain everyday. Anti inflammatory pills do not work and I'm looking for suggestions to help with the pain. Has anyone else experienced muscle pain with vitamin d deficiency? It's hard for me to move. I'm 33 and feel like I'm 73.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Adrienne,

I too have vitamin d deficiency when first tested at 13 and still working on resolving it. I noticed when you reach a level around 30-35 the muscle aches, weakness start to get better. My levels are slowly coming up because I stopped supplementing and only go out in the sun to get vitamin d. As my body could not tolerate artificial vitamin d3 from supplements.

What you can do to ease your muscle pain is to take Epson salt baths with baking soda and borax. Taking magnesium and applying magnesium oil helps.

I heard vitamin d stores in the body longer from sun than supplements. And you loose at least 6 levels during winter.

Your pain could be from vitamin d deficiency and the symptoms may be overlapping with something else. As my doctors weren't much help either or concerned about my vitamin d levels either. I am waiting to see a rhuematologist also.

Hope you start feeling better soon. Hang in there.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! I'm on week 3 of vitamin d supplements and so far no side effects so we'll see if it helps with the pain (fingers crossed). Until then, I'll try your suggestions to relieve some of my pain and I'll also get some other testing done. Luckily I just found out about a local program that provides healthcare services on a sliding scale. I'll be sure to post once I have updates. Maybe it will help others with similar symptoms.

• Posted

Hi I’ve been suffering from pain can’t sleep because I’m in pain. Spoken to Dr had bloods done I’m vitamin D deficient and have inflammation in my blood. I’m on 50000 vitamin d for 6 weeks and taking amitriptyline low dose for sleep. Only on week one and I take co dydramol to help with pain but I’m still in pain with no relief from it. I’m desperate for answers because I can’t stand the pain much longer I get it every where even the bottom of my feet. 
    • Posted

Hi Joanne, I am so sorry about your pain. What level was your vit D? Also you say you have inflammation in your blood what were the results of that? Was it for CRP and/or ESR?
    • Posted

If you have both low vit D AND raised inflammatory markers there is a high chance you may have some form of autoimmune disorder - causing the raised parkers and low vit D is often found.

I would ask my doctor to refer me to a rheumatologist.

• Posted

I have/had the same pain, especially in my shoulders and legs. I've been taking natures garden liquid d3 from H & B, and taking 10,000ius a day for the last 2 months. A lot of the pain in my legs has gone, and also pain in hips is less and I think my shoulders are improving now as well. In bed I had 4 pillows, 2 on each side to prop arms and legs up because of the pain, it depressed me to look at the bed with all the pillows and their relation to my long term pain. I am finding just the last few nights that I don't hurt so much in bed now, and only use pillows to support my shoulders.  I definitely feel on the mend, so keep taking the d3 and there's a facebk page called Vitamin D Deficiency and Treatment that you can join. I've had excellent advice there. Keep going, it may take weeks, but when very deficient it takes a while to mend. Take magnesium, boron and K2 as well, as they all work together.

• Posted

I feel exactly the same as you. I’m not as low as you my level was at 20. But I have lots of aches and pains. 
    • Posted

Hi Shahana. Even I have pains all over body, sometimes sharp pains. I still have to get vitamin d checked.
  • Posted

Hey i am also low in vitamin d and experience body pain. How did the supplements work out for you?
    • Posted

If you have been prescribed vit D supplements they should work in three months or so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.