Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

My Vit D level was 42.2 and I am about to take my 2nd Vit D3 20000 tablet,but the dizziness I am experiencing is really bad,a lot things point to a B12 deficiency when dizziness is involved but my levels were ok when tested at 450. Can the dizziness be from the Vitamin D deficiency? Would love some reassurance as it’s awful feeling dizzy all the time 🙁

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey there,

Hope you feel okay really soon.

Actually, according to Sally Pacholok, author of Could It Be B12, you’re still deficient in B12. 

Here’s what she said about B12 levels: “At this time, we believe normal serum B12 levels should be greater than 550pg/ml. For brain and nervous system health and prevention of disease in older adults, serum B12 levels should be maintained near or above 1,000 pg/ml.”

Treating a B12 deficiency is quite cheap and easy, either with injections or the other recommended route is something under the tongue tablets (sublingual) get 5000mcg if methylcobalamin and dissolve them under your tongue. I had a deficiency in B12 a couple of years ago and this is how I treated it sublingual tablets were much more effective than injections. My levels were at 7 and after 2-3 months of taking the sublingual B12 as methylcobalamin my levels were at 1300. 

I’m stil taking sublinguals to manage my levels. Taking 1000mcg of methylcobalamin.

Hope this helps. 

• Posted

I went to the Drs today and they have put me on b12 tablets one a day they are called Cyanocobalin 50mcg they think mine would be down to diet as I am vegetarian 
    • Posted

I don’t know why they prescribed Cyanocobalamin instead of methylcobalamin as methylcobalamin is the active form of B12. Much like D2 and D3. If I were you, I’d get methylcobalamin preferably sublinguals. Besides, Cyanocobalamin has cynide in it, which is toxic. Read more about them and decide for yourself, but methylcobalamin is already in an active form that upon taking, your body won’t have to do anything but absorb it, unlike Cyanocobalamin which your body has to convert to methylcobalamin before absorption.
  • Posted

Still waiting for my comment to be moderated, so until it does here’s a summary: Both your B12 and Vitamin D levels are still not within the optimal range. B12 levels should be geater than 550pg/ml, and vitamin d3 levels should be equal to or greater than 50 ng/mL. 
  • Posted

Hello. I have vitamin d deficiency. Level was 18.11 I’m up to 45.58. I have had dozziness every since it started and pressure in my head. Anxiety pain all I’ve and tingling. And more. It’s from the vitamins deficiency. There is a few groups on Facebook just search vitamin d deficiency. They are really helpful. 
    • Posted

It has a little. I was starting to feel better. But I’m starting to feel blah again. Hoping that’s a good thing. I heard t gets worse before t gets better. We shall see. 
  • Posted

I had dizziness and passing out  too but when I was ienER they stay all my blood test wer normal

I lwaysthought I was B12 def. but doctors say that was normal  I am low in D  38 -40

So i take Fish oil, D .B complex

I pusn for 60 oz water daily  and fiber

I like all bran or oatbran I try to stay away from sugars -mainly because of frutose but the triglycerides

at one time doctors say follow fodmap dietbecause a breath test was slightly high  and then they can not tell me what frutoce intolerance or malabsorption is  so I do my own thing I cannt get tested through DR. for gentic I have a scandivian grandfather that died of kidney poisoning . in 1940.

When I looked malabsorption or intolerance  I come up with  kidney troubles

I also read Scandinavians are prone to B12 defic.  and anemia's like the kind they dontcheck for normally.

pernicious,sickle cell (Europa area too not just Africa).thalassemia.

Well I am not pushing it or worrying about it much any more because What I thought I had low acid conditions

and gut -intrinsicfactordoes not com up low or bad on blood test  because I do take my vitamins that help me with energy throught out the day.I can not get doctors to acknowledge so I will do my part with vitamins. My daughter was diagnoed with B12 defic.  so now she is getting treatment    and I don't have to push or worry so much now.

All the books that are out and telling us about these conditions  with M.D.   behind the name  are all right in what they say but you go to doctor and they say  or are negative

• Posted

I just started taking magnesium and Meltonin 5

Megnesium in divided dose of 250mg

• Posted

Here are the following symptoms that indicate vitamin D deficiency:

Fatigue and tiredness

Getting sick or often infected

Bone or back pain

Depression

Impaired wound healing

Bone loss

Hair loss

Muscle pain

Yes, several reports show that the vitamin D causes dizziness in some of the cases. So you need to consult your doctor for a better prescription.  

• Posted

A recent research indicates that people, who have higher amounts of belly fat and with greater waistline are more prone to have lower levels of vitamin D. Probably, we all know what vitamin D is and most of us are well aware of its most important functions too. Undoubtedly, it has been the buzzword in the medical sphere for quite some time. I have read an amazing article regarding vitamin D " Recent Study Establishes Link Between Vitamin D Deficiency and Belly Fat" at zovon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.