Vitamin D, symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a very low <20 nmol/l level, and had an array of the usual symptoms (but also nausea). I took loading dose as directed and continued with maintenance dose.

Three months since starting, I'm still dizzy, weak and nauseous. Some days are better than others. On a bad day last week I was struggling to walk home and fell into the road. Nothing's changed. I still wouldn't feel safe driving.

Also, is there any reason why having a cigarette would leave me feeling dizzy and sick for half an hour afterwards? I've smoked all my adult life so it shouldn't.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Low vitamin D may be a symptom of some autoimmune disorders. and your symptoms could fit with that aspect too. 

Can't speak to the fags - haven't had one for 46 years!! But they do immediately cause vasoconstriction (narrrowing of the blood vessels) and if it affects certain parts of your brain together with another condition it could have that effect. 

• Posted

I am 8 months in to my vitamin d deficiency and I am still dealing with the fatigue, weakness and dizzy. I started out with level 13. What helps with the dizzy for me is taking magnesuim.

It's different for everyone to get back to normal 6months to 1 year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.