vitamin d test result was 15, have acid reflux. will the tablets trigger my acid reflux more?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My gp said I need to take the tablets 20,000iu twice a day. But I am scared that it will trigger my acid reflux some other people had that experience? Has anyone tried a brand that did not trigger their acid reflux? And any advice if I should take calcium or any other vitamin with it? I have the hux 20.000iu tablets. I am currently on the candida diet and they have some sunflower and corn oil I dont know if I should take it.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No problems at all and I take 30mg PPI a day. I buy from Boots usually on their 3 for 2 deal so it lasts me all year

When you have a question like this go ask a Pharamacist they train for years knowing about drug interaction.

• Posted

I am not on any medications and I am avoiding them aswell. Whats the strength of your vitamin d? And do you take one everyday? Is your vitamin d low aswell ?
  • Posted

Vitamin D is 25ug as recommended by my GP when my test showed it was low. I take it daily.

Since you can't always get the amount Vit D you need from food, unless you can find the sun, not always possible in the UK, tablets is an easy option. I would much rather take a tablet and feel good than avoid it and feel miserable.

• Posted

I am on vit d2 50,000 that I take once a week. I also take the calcium with D and my vitamins with no problems. It hasn't triggered any problems for me. My diet has been very healthy since I started on the D and that helps a great deal. 
    • Posted

Hi celia,

I have done alot of research you might want to look into it. If you are taking vitamin d. The better option is d3 instead of d2 x

• Posted

Hi maryam,

That's what the doctor prescribed. I never had to take this before and didn't know anything about it. Also, I couldn't get it over the counter, yet it wasn't a prescription. Four pills were $9 and change. Thanks.question

• Posted

Hi maryam, I have vit d deficiency as well. It was 6!!

I have been taking 60,000 iu tablets every week for 2 months, also had an injection for 100,000 iu initially.

I haven't had any problems with the tablets..

• Posted

Have you had a test after the injections and tablets?. I am currently taking the 60.000iu d3 evrry week aswell. Really wanted the injections but they have stopped those in the uk. I am also going to buy the spray 3000iu and spray it twice a day.

Did you have any pain and if yes do you think taking the vitamin helped x

• Posted

I haven't been tested yet..apparently it takes a few months for the vitamin D levels to substantially increase. I have been taking the tablets for 3 months now. Planning to get tested sometime in April. I used to have severe back pain and weakness and after taking the tablets, I don't have that anymore!hope that helps smile
    • Posted

That does help alot. :D I cant wait to get rid of it. I wanted to get pregnant but not with this pain i am glad it will go. I think as they won't give me the injections, I sm going to go crazy with the vitamin d spray under tongue :P and catching every bit of sunshine I can. Its always raining here in the uk. Which brand tablets were you taking? And how is your reflux now. Hope you are getting along. I am doing very well on the candida diet. Only one week already cheated 3x. Once with a piece of choc and twice with chips but no reflux but I am going to eat healthy and I am in process of making broth, kimchi and saurkaurt to heal my leaky gut.
    • Posted

Am happy to report my reflux is almost gone! and so is my gastritis. I did the cabbage juice for a week. While I can say that I have not been completely cured, I am much much better and feeling almost normal. Good to know you dont have reflux now! The diet is helping you and maybe candida is the cause of your problems..good luck with that!

The vit D tablets (softgels) i was taking are a local brand in India, not sure if they would be available elsewhere!

• Posted

Am going out a lot in the sun too..Cant wait for summer to begin here in the US!
    • Posted

We only got a little bit of sunshine last weekend its raining and miserable especially because I want the sun even more now to get some vitamin d. I feeling much better too. Taking the supplement and oral spray aswell. I will get my tests done when I finish my first 30 tablets of 20 000. And the oral spray. I am also taking vitamin b12 oral spray as I would love to increase that my levels were not low but on the low side for both vitamin b12 n iron. my rreflux is so muh better seems to get better each day. I am being stupid and eating whatever I want. I qas only on the candida diet for 3/4 days so I dont know if it was candida or not. I do have the silent reflux post nasal drips they seem to get better too. I am going to start coconut oil one or two teaspoon a day. And I read you cabbage post. So I am looking forward to try that. My dad got me so many carrots forcing me to drink a glass a day. So I would add abit of cabbage in it. I have also dgl tablets I dont know if I should start on them just scared that something might irritate me and I should just leave my body alone and heal the way its healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.